• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Kenne Bell 2.6 Results

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
Well after about a month of the car being gone she is finally home. Hans picked up the car early May and trailered it all the way to his shop. His mission. Finish my mess. Car had to have just about everything done to minus the BAP.

The set up

Kenne Bell 2.6H
I think it's a 3.1 upper
6lb Lower
EGR Delete
60lbs Injectors
Modded FPDM
Kenne Bell BAP
JLT True CAI
SCT 2800 MAF
4 Piece Billetflow idlers
Dual Ford GT pumps
and prob a few others I forgot

The goods....

Unfortunately when Han's picked up the car from my house I had just traded Jeff(Sharkster) my Black Bullits with the drag radials on it and had a 285 Eagle GSD 3 to work with on the dyno. Car spun the tires on the dyno with 2 people sitting in the trunk. The plugs are gapped at .025

Made 608 RWHP 587 RWTQ
21 PSI
19 degrees of timing at peak Hp
17 degrees of timing at peak torque

For the dyno she had a full tank of 110

CobraKB.jpg

First impression driving the car.

It's definitely faster but not fast enough for me. Although I haven't really got the chance to learn the car as I have only had it for a few hours. It does pull very very strong.

Only problem I have had with the car so far is the idle will surge from 850-900 rpms drop to 600 or so then shoot up to 950. I think it might be because of the SCT 2800 MAF. I've heard of people having problems with getting a steady idle out of the car with that MAF. Also I have to re learn to shift the car. It's a lot harder to get the clutch to grab now.

I'd like to thank Hans for working on my car and keeping me up to date with things. He trailered the car from elburn to rockford and back to get it dyno tuned. He gave me exactly what I wanted and gave me a kickass price on everything.

Some pics

Sonypictures9587.jpg

Sonypictures9588.jpg

Sonypictures9589.jpg

Sonypictures9579.jpg

Sonypictures9571.jpg

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
CobraChris08 said:
I'd like to thank Hans for working on my car and keeping me up to date with things. He trailered the car from elburn to rockford and back to get it dyno tuned. He gave me exactly what I wanted and gave me a kickass price on everything.

He does seem to make people happy with his good service and skills. Congrats on getting the car back!

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Nice car.

BTW, that BA2800 is not causing your surging. There is allot of hearsay about the BA2800's being hard to tune but I have tuned the BA2400 and BA2800 back to back and it just isn't the case. both the BA2400 and the 2800 are able to idle butter smooth providing the tune is good. Chances are there is something a little off in the tune. No big deal.

I tell you what I really want. I need to get my hands on one of the BA2600's or the BA3000. See what those do. :biggthump

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Chris, those are great results and im glad everything worked out for you. Yes your going to need a new pair of DR quick. I remember when I had stock tires out back for a couple days...It was pretty damn fun!

Also it is going to take a couple weeks to "learn" the car again...Took me about 700 miles to get my new setup dailed in. I'll give you some pointers tonight at streets. I also I want a ride, I've never had a ride in a cobra with a new style KB yet.

Also I am running a 2800 with no problems. The idle shouldn't be dropping off like that. I'm sure Bob just has to mess around with idle and reflash your chip.

Glad everything is working out! See you tonight!

Kevin

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
RD SNAKE said:
Chris, those are great results and im glad everything worked out for you. Yes your going to need a new pair of DR quick. I remember when I had stock tires out back for a couple days...It was pretty damn fun!

Also it is going to take a couple weeks to "learn" the car again...Took me about 700 miles to get my new setup dailed in. I'll give you some pointers tonight at streets. I also I want a ride, I've never had a ride in a cobra with a new style KB yet.

Also I am running a 2800 with no problems. The idle shouldn't be dropping off like that. I'm sure Bob just has to mess around with idle and reflash your chip.

Glad everything is working out! See you tonight!

Kevin

I'll shoot him an email and ask him if he has an idea.

SLASH said:
saw your car at hans's congrats :headbang:

Thanks, I saw yours also.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
have fun with the 2600 and 3000s.. they are now calibrated by PMAS and are JUNK... the old meters were done by hitachi, someone with a little more experience..

No shit? That is too bad. There definately are some stories regarding PMAS going around. I wasn't even aware that the new MAF's were PMAS cal'ed; I just assumed there hadn't been a change in that regard. Too bad. It looks like I will be having a fun time when tuning cars for those MAF's. :eek:h:

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Dana said:
I also read one thread about a person that had a new 3000 and had problems tuning it. I would wait to see what happens with them before jumping into a new one.

Dan

Oh I am still keeping the 2800 in the truck. I just want to get my hands on a newer one to check out how it tunes so I will have an idea if a customer decided to come to me to tune their car that has one. I did have higher hopes for them but it appears those are misplaced now that it has come to my attention that PMAS does the calibration.

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
rocket5979 said:
No shit? That is too bad. There definately are some stories regarding PMAS going around. I wasn't even aware that the new MAF's were PMAS cal'ed; I just assumed there hadn't been a change in that regard. Too bad. It looks like I will be having a fun time when tuning cars for those MAF's. :eek:h:

yes, SCT burned their bridge with their old supplier and went elsewhere.. I have already attempted to tune a ba2600 and it was ugly... we tried another one and it was 20% different. The 3000 will be even worse as the resolution down low gets sketchy. Similar to the ba2800 vs 2400 deal where idle maf counts on the 2800 are so low and the resolution its terrible down low. But it seems as though you have the 2800's figured out, congrats!

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
yes, SCT burned their bridge with their old supplier and went elsewhere.. I have already attempted to tune a ba2600 and it was ugly... we tried another one and it was 20% different. The 3000 will be even worse as the resolution down low gets sketchy. Similar to the ba2800 vs 2400 deal where idle maf counts on the 2800 are so low and the resolution its terrible down low. But it seems as though you have the 2800's figured out, congrats!

I had always heard that the 2400's were more easily tuned than the 2800's. Once I became a tuner I started trying different MAF combos and have had quite a bit if luck with the 2400's (as expected) as well as 2800's I have tuned so far. The 2800 on KBX idles butter smooth and didn't have any tip in issues. Now it does due to me trying a few different configurations, but once I mess with a few things it will be resolved again for this slightly different combo. I would not say that I have the 2800's all figured out, but I do have a good start on them. Sure look forward to possibly starting all over again with the new SCT MAF's. Bob, you get any word from Jerry or Ryan at SCT as to when the 2600 & 3000 value files will be out for us to look at on our dealer dongles? I haven't heard much yet, but then again I have been out of town for a while.

Ok, sorry Chris I will shut up about the tuning talk in here. Damn nice numbers on the car man. I like a man that says "600 rwhp doesn't feel like enough." It reminds me of what I would say.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info