Keeping the 3800 dream alive

TurboTJ

Regular
Dec 7, 2011
After being the first purchaser of Dan's old badass turbo prix I've always wanted to get back into a 3800 race car.
I've been through a couple purchase and part outs of cars I just didn't love, but this last week I finally found her!

It's a 99 Firebird original v6 car. Came as a roller with all the parts with it, t5 trans with extras as well as the entire motor and a ton of extras. The cars got quality suspension under it already and a big/little combo. For what I paid it was a massive steal and I paid lusting price and drove from Nebraska to Wichita Kansas on Saturday.

I'm still debating turbo or genv to begin with. Ultimately it'll be turbo down the road but I think I can pull off the m90 setup and at least get the car moving under its own power for a season. I'm wanting a street cruisable and race ready 400 wheel tire to begin. I've already bought Brett's old transmission mounting plate and crank adapter and it's being shipped.

Thanks already to [MENTION=927]GTP[/MENTION]ower for any help this far and I'm sure he'll be working magic on it soon enough!

TurboTJ

Regular
Dec 7, 2011
So someone with a motor sitting around and a front Grand Prix manifold sitting around want to help me with exhaust manifold selection?
For turbo goodies I'm not going to use powerlogs due to cost. After looking around I think the manifold situation is the only thing I'm going to get stuck on. At first glance taking two fwd front manifolds and flipping one would be the easiest and they are $50 each new. Cut the flange off on the front and go from there.

So if anyone could grab a manifold retrofit it to the rear/passenger side after flipping the manifold and snag a pic would be great!

So someone with a motor sitting around and a front Grand Prix manifold sitting around want to help me with exhaust manifold selection?
For turbo goodies I'm not going to use powerlogs due to cost. After looking around I think the manifold situation is the only thing I'm going to get stuck on. At first glance taking two fwd front manifolds and flipping one would be the easiest and they are $50 each new. Cut the flange off on the front and go from there.

So if anyone could grab a manifold retrofit it to the rear/passenger side after flipping the manifold and snag a pic would be great!

I'm in Wichita and can hackjob together what the fuck ever you want, lol. I don't do pretty though.

TurboTJ

Regular
Dec 7, 2011
Finally tracked down Brett's old kit. Kid doesn't want to sell it, hasn't used it in 2+ years nor is using it now and wouldn't take my money lol.

The car came with midlength headers that might end up getting cut up and fabbed into logs. Because I'm not feeling spending $400 on powerlogs.

Also if anyone has parts in hiding like 150# springs and other valvetrain, or a cam of any sort, or any excess parts pm me what you got.

TurboTJ

Regular
Dec 7, 2011
Well good new insurance paid for my whole doctors visit and ultrasound in December so... That means race car spending money!

I have a bead on my valvetrain parts. Cam choice is up on the air still. And still hunting for a pair of powerlogs bc lets be real that's about the only choice i have...

Within the next two weeks the fuel pump, injectors, valvetrain, and studs will be bought and shipped my way.

If you have an old cam laying around or powerlogs sell them to me!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info