NEW RIDE Keeping my Avatar...Corvette content within

FUNDAD

Big Trouble in Little China
Apr 6, 2005
Okay, so I am sure that a lot of you guys in your lives have bought a car and loved it. You changed things here and there and made it your own. It became your baby and it brought you joy every time you drove it. Well that happened to me too. I found a beautiful blue 2010 ZR1 with 5k miles. That damn car made me smile just looking at it. After a few tweaks here and a few modification there I felt I made a great car even better.

I am also willing to bet that many have for whatever reason decided to sell their baby. The decision is obviously never easy but you tell yourself its the right thing to do. That also happened to me. For me it was cash money. I owned the car and with only 8k miles, I was able to sell it for far more than I had in it. Even though it made me feel like I was abandoning my child, I convinced myself that the money was more important and that maybe down the road I would get something fun again.

Now I don't always claim to be right and I am confident enough in my manhood to admit when I am wrong. Let me be clear, I was way wrong on selling that damn car. LOL. I was sick to my stomach watching the new owner load it into their trailer. I got even more sick as they drove away and I walked toward my empty garage.

It took just about two weeks till I had enough of the heartache. I then decided that "down the road" was actually right fucking now. I then started my search for another ZR1 and not just any ZR1 but a Jetstream Blue C6 ZR1.

About a day later I came across an ad in Texas for what was probably the cleanest and nicest ZR1 in the country. A gorgeous and moderately modified 2011 with 5,085 miles and in what is in my opinion the greatest color for these cars - Jetstream Blue.

It was stored in a bubble, yeah I know, a fucking bubble LOL. I have seen those things but never knew anyone that actually used one. The guy was super cool to talk to. Some of the mods are a full Xpel wrap, headers, cam, heat exchanger, upgraded intercooler bricks, 14% lower, dual catch can, E85 kit, Lingenfelter 710 kit, OEM wheels and six Forgeline wheels with tires. 19's all the way around and an 18" set of rears.

The car is perfect as is but like anyone with ADD, I need to do a couple little things to "make it mine". Over the last two months I have started to stock pile parts. Custom Ported Blower & Snout, 103TB, Synergy Intake, 1300 injectors, coolant expansion tank, Prospeed Dual Fan & Shroud kit, Morimoto headlights and tail lights. She made 730 whp on E85 as it was delivered to me. I am looking really forward to seeing how it does after this next round of mods.

Ohh and God Damn the chop from the cam. I have never had a car with a cam and now I see why so many love it. The fuckin sound alone is worth doing a cam!!! LOL!!!

Cheers and Happy New Year to all my TCG buddies. I look forward to seeing you guy and gals at the get togethers this year.

(y)

96BC023E-A871-4ACE-BBAB-B6868AD0F940.jpeg

84A9385E-9A03-4062-B333-929C0B58755B.jpeg

0C3225B4-2FAE-48D9-9D1F-ECC22D463363.jpeg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Okay, so I am sure that a lot of you guys in your lives have bought a car and loved it. You changed things here and there and made it your own. It became your baby and it brought you joy every time you drove it. Well that happened to me too. I found a beautiful blue 2010 ZR1 with 5k miles. That damn car made me smile just looking at it. After a few tweaks here and a few modification there I felt I made a great car even better.

I am also willing to bet that many have for whatever reason decided to sell their baby. The decision is obviously never easy but you tell yourself its the right thing to do. That also happened to me. For me it was cash money. I owned the car and with only 8k miles, I was able to sell it for far more than I had in it. Even though it made me feel like I was abandoning my child, I convinced myself that the money was more important and that maybe down the road I would get something fun again.

Now I don't always claim to be right and I am confident enough in my manhood to admit when I am wrong. Let me be clear, I was way wrong on selling that damn car. LOL. I was sick to my stomach watching the new owner load it into their trailer. I got even more sick as they drove away and I walked toward my empty garage.

It took just about two weeks till I had enough of the heartache. I then decided that "down the road" was actually right fucking now. I then started my search for another ZR1 and not just any ZR1 but a Jetstream Blue C6 ZR1.

About a day later I came across an ad in Texas for what was probably the cleanest and nicest ZR1 in the country. A gorgeous and moderately modified 2011 with 5,085 miles and in what is in my opinion the greatest color for these cars - Jetstream Blue.

It was stored in a bubble, yeah I know, a fucking bubble LOL. I have seen those things but never knew anyone that actually used one. The guy was super cool to talk to. Some of the mods are a full Xpel wrap, headers, cam, heat exchanger, upgraded intercooler bricks, 14% lower, dual catch can, E85 kit, Lingenfelter 710 kit, OEM wheels and six Forgeline wheels with tires. 19's all the way around and an 18" set of rears.

The car is perfect as is but like anyone with ADD, I need to do a couple little things to "make it mine". Over the last two months I have started to stock pile parts. Custom Ported Blower & Snout, 103TB, Synergy Intake, 1300 injectors, coolant expansion tank, Prospeed Dual Fan & Shroud kit, Morimoto headlights and tail lights. She made 730 whp on E85 as it was delivered to me. I am looking really forward to seeing how it does after this next round of mods.

Ohh and God Damn the chop from the cam. I have never had a car with a cam and now I see why so many love it. The fuckin sound alone is worth doing a cam!!! LOL!!!

Cheers and Happy New Year to all my TCG buddies. I look forward to seeing you guy and gals at the get togethers this year.

(y)
Can't wait to see and hear this!

Also, when you're ready, I'm going to just leave these here for you and for quick reference:

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

(y)

View attachment 110384

View attachment 110386

View attachment 110388

schwing GIF

Reactions: FUNDAD

FUNDAD

Big Trouble in Little China
Apr 6, 2005
Beautiful car! Also if that’s your garage I love the setup.
I wish that was my garage. Hell I would even kinda be ok lying and saying it is but I can’t.

I had the exhaust changed and the tips swapped to larger ones at a place in Crystal Lake called URW - Ultima Race Works. Beautiful place and a very good group of guys. I stopped by to see them and was surprised to see the car in their lobby area. Sure looked fuckin good in there. If you’re local to Crystal Lake, look em up. They do all sorts of cool stuff.

?

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

SVTRUSSO

Oct 19, 2021

(y)

View attachment 110384

View attachment 110386

View attachment 110388

Congrats man! Beautiful car.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ

Looks and sounds great!! Congrats!! And yes, dat chop. I think if I had never cammed my GTO I probably would have sold it years ago. But I just can not give up the noise that it makes :LOL:

Thread Info