Keep full frame gun after buying a CCW one?

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Do most of you sell a full frame gun when you make the move to a CCW gun or just keep them both?

I'm going to go shooting soon and trying out some new guns in the plan to get whatever one feels best to me, and then use that to take the CCW class. I'm debating if I end up with a 9mm CCW gun if I really need my 92FS still.

Just seeing what most people do.....

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Reaction score
I have a plethora of pistols. Small, medium, large. You can never have to many. I like full size for home protection though my CCW is always on me/by my side.

blck10th

Reaction score
I don't "need" 90% of the things I have or will get from my old man. But I'm not getting rid of any either.

He who has the most at the end wins.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
I've only sold a couple guns either because I didn't like them or I had more than one of the exact same gun, if you like them both keep them both

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
Also I have 3 carry guns one I like to keep in my car, a ibw and a pocket carry so I have options depending on what I'm wearing

PANDA

Reaction score
You can carry anything you can hide!

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
Do most of you sell a full frame gun when you make the move to a CCW gun or just keep them both?

I'm going to go shooting soon and trying out some new guns in the plan to get whatever one feels best to me, and then use that to take the CCW class. I'm debating if I end up with a 9mm CCW gun if I really need my 92FS still.

Just seeing what most people do.....

Keep the Beretta.

Outlaw

Reaction score
Would you sell your Mustang because the Honda Civic you just bought gets better gas mileage?

Guns are like cars, some are better than others at different things, but they all serve a purpose. Personally, I wouldn't want to range shoot my CCW nearly as much as my full frame, and I wouldn't want to use my CCW for home defense as I don't have to hide it.

More guns is always better.

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
My first semi-auto was an M&P 9FS and I later bought a 9 shield. My shield is in my CCW rotation but my FS is my home defense gun. I would never sell it. I'm looking to add a double stack compact too as a back up home defense and training gun. I also own a shitbox taurus revolver that I bought as my first gun and it is a piece of shit and I have a bodyguard revolver that sucks to shoot and I regret purchasing. I haven't sold those yet either. Moral of the story, keep what you have and add to the collection.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
You can carry anything you can hide!
I seriously couldn't imagine trying to hide that 92FS on me, the thing is big, bulky, and heavy...

Only one that is going to be tough is I want to try a sig P938 as well and I'm not seeing those for rent at any of the ranges...

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Would you sell your Mustang because the Honda Civic you just bought gets better gas mileage?

Guns are like cars, some are better than others at different things. Personally, I wouldn't want to range shoot my CCW nearly as much as my full frame, and I wouldn't want to use my CCW for home defense as I don't have to hide it.

Fair enough. :rofl:

Outlaw

Reaction score
Also, I carry my 92A1 in my truck, that's getting bumped to a range/safe queen tonight though, picking up an XD9 from a buddy I think.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Are most of you who carry using single stack guns. or do you usually go for a double stack just for the capacity?

A buddy just shot the Springfield XD mod 2 and really liked it, and it didn't seem to be too much wider for a double stack... Might have to give that one a shot too.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
I have a single stack 45 in my car xds45, a single stack 380 for pocket carry lcp, and a double stack g19 for ibw, i want to get a g17 for my car gun since size doesnt matter and i dont have the right kind of holster for my g19 to keep it in the car right now

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
My go to piece is my Glock 26 or Glock 27, both double stacks. I do have a single stack KAHR for summer weather.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Reaction score
I only have 1 gun that isnt a full frame. Granted, i don't have a CHL yet. But now that Texas is open carry, i'll just be carrying my 1911 once i do get it.

Last edited:

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Reaction score

Guns are like cars, some are better than others at different things, but they all serve a purpose. Personally, I wouldn't want to range shoot my CCW nearly as much as my full frame, and I wouldn't want to use my CCW for home defense as I don't have to hide it.

This is pretty much exactly what I was gonna say!

I don't have a carry piece yet, but no chance I'm getting rid of my full size. I plan on getting a 9mm to carry, and my full size is a .45. I also have a nice light mounted to my full size for when things go bump in the night.

Outlaw

Reaction score
Are most of you who carry using single stack guns. or do you usually go for a double stack just for the capacity?

A buddy just shot the Springfield XD mod 2 and really liked it, and it didn't seem to be too much wider for a double stack... Might have to give that one a shot too.
Literally all depends on preference. I pocket carry an LCP, OWB carry some guns, IWB carry others. Double stack is fine if you don't mind the bulk, or you can always go with something like a Shield with the 8rd mag and a mag guts kit giving you 9+1 (plenty IMO)

Outlaw

Reaction score
Guns are tough. What's manageable for one is ludicrous for another. There's a GREAT amount of personal preference, and until you've owned a few and use them in varying situations you won't really grasp what I'm talking about. [MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] and [MENTION=917]1quick[/MENTION] can attest to what I'm saying or even develop it further, but, literally just start with one, see what you like and don't like, get another that fits the dislikes of the first, and just keep going. Some people sell or trade-in, I typically keep most of mine unless I'm selling something I just don't like all around or it is a problematic gun.

blck10th

Reaction score
I'm planning on carrying a xd mod 2 when I get my permit. Classes are in a month so who knows when I'll be legal

Tim

I like girls that drink beer
Reaction score
I sold a gun once.

It was the worst mistake of my life.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom