Kb Plenum

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Reaction score
So i was checking out the plenum on the KB, and I noticed there are 2 weld or burr marks on the inside. I know this is how it comes from KB, but what do you guy that have already made the swap reccomend port it and do a little polish inside the plenum for better air flow or just leave it? Will it make a difference? Its the Big oval plenum. Has anyone ground one down? :dunno:

01GTvert

Reaction score
KB recommends leaving there stuff alone, but this doesn't mean improvements can't be made. I've searched modfords a couple of times and haven't found many people bold enough to do this. I'd really like to see if it's possible. For the 2V guys the KB1.7 maxes out at around 14psi and is pulling nearly 4" of vac meaning it's working twice as hard as it should. Porting the TB might drop that vac # back down to 2" where it's most effiecient. FWIW...one of the things I read on modfords is that 1" of vac was equivalent to nearly 20hp.

OP
FuelSlut

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Reaction score
01GTvert said:
KB recommends leaving there stuff alone, but this doesn't mean improvements can't be made. I've searched modfords a couple of times and haven't found many people bold enough to do this. I'd really like to see if it's possible. For the 2V guys the KB1.7 maxes out at around 14psi and is pulling nearly 4" of vac meaning it's working twice as hard as it should. Porting the TB might drop that vac # back down to 2" where it's most effiecient. FWIW...one of the things I read on modfords is that 1" of vac was equivalent to nearly 20hp.
Interesting....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom