• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

KB inlets...discuss

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
The Cobra is getting a KB 2.2 when I fix it. Problem is, I think the KB (especially the inlet) is ugly as shit. I want to make this engine bay look real nice and I actually considered selling the KB for a Whipple 2.3 instead....simply for the looks.
I dont know if the KB inlet would look good even AFTER anodizing or powdercoating!

Has anyone here bought a modified inlet for their KB's, and if so, which type and how much did it cost?

...Please dont flood my PM box asking to buy the KB, its not for sale. :D

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
The Cobra is getting a KB 2.2 when I fix it. Problem is, I think the KB (especially the inlet) is ugly as shit. I want to make this engine bay look real nice and I actually considered selling the KB for a Whipple 2.3 instead....simply for the looks.
I dont know if the KB inlet would look good even AFTER anodizing or powdercoating!

Has anyone here bought a modified inlet for their KB's, and if so, which type and how much did it cost?

...Please dont flood my PM box asking to buy the KB, its not for sale. :D
I have an MPH inlet for my 2.8H.

- Looks nice
- Very expensive
- Gains TBD?

I'm going to put my stuff back together with the 2.8H and stock inlet, make sure everything is running right, tune and drive it that way for a bit, then swap on the MPH inlet and see what kind of gains I get.

I have some pictures laying around that I could dig up when I get home, but it would probably be quicker for you to just do a search on SVTP or ModFords if you want to see some pics that guys have posted. It's a nice looking piece, both in pictures and in person.

If looks are a concern, it would probably be more cost effective for you to just sell the 2.2 and buy a 2.3 Whipple though. The MPH inlet, and related parts to make it work, will likely cost you $1500+ new.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
I have an MPH inlet for my 2.8H.

- Looks nice
- Very expensive
- Gains TBD?

I'm going to put my stuff back together with the 2.8H and stock inlet, make sure everything is running right, tune and drive it that way for a bit, then swap on the MPH inlet and see what kind of gains I get.

I have some pictures laying around that I could dig up when I get home, but it would probably be quicker for you to just do a search on SVTP or ModFords if you want to see some pics that guys have posted. It's a nice looking piece, both in pictures and in person.

If looks are a concern, it would probably be more cost effective for you to just sell the 2.2 and buy a 2.3 Whipple though. The MPH inlet, and related parts to make it work, will likely cost you $1500+ new.

Thanks for giving me the ballpark price.
I still cant understand how a few pieces of aluminum welded together cost that much.
Dont fabricators realize if they drop the price they will sell more units, ultimately making more money in the end? SHEESH!

vadorsnake04

TCG Elite Member
Apr 24, 2006
had the MPH inlet on my 2.8H it looked fine i guess, i wasn't happy with the machining quality for the price(but that is also what i do for a living so maybe that is why..). Here is a pic.:
IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

I do not have it now, i also like how it looks more now than then with my polished stock inlet i have now on it.

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
Thanks for giving me the ballpark price.
I still cant understand how a few pieces of aluminum welded together cost that much.
Dont fabricators realize if they drop the price they will sell more units, ultimately making more money in the end? SHEESH!

If you want it cheap and fast it won't be good.
If you want it cheap and good ,it won't be fast
If you want it good and fast ,it won't be cheap!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info