• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

KB Boot A Pump set at 0?

gnxs said:
That's what's on Chris' car, Ford GT pumps?

If so, that's probably why it's set at 0. He probably doesn't need it at this point with his hp and the GT pumps.

The BAP works like a voltage regulator it will send the same voltage to the pumps regardless of battery voltage. It probably was installed before the pump upgrade. It may also do this when set to 0

QUOTE FROM A KENNY BELL ARTICLE
(BOOST-A-PUMP is also a voltage regulator, it automatically adjusts the pre-set voltage to the pump when the accessories lower the input voltage - or even if the alternator fails! In other words, it's also a voltage regulator. Many racers use the BOOST-A-PUMP without an alternator to insure
their pumps and stand alone computer systems are supplied a
consistent voltage regardless of battery voltage.)

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
Thanks guys for the responses. I spoke with Bob on the phone. He said that's prob what he tuned it at. He said the pumps covered the fuel needs and the BAP really wasn't need. He is going to check his notes to see if he changed it at all. I'm still waiting the hear back from hans.

Adam yes we have to line em up. What tire are you running? I'll be on a M/T 275 that you guys will see soon.

O and just to clear. As posted before

60lbs injectors
KB BAP
Dual FGT Pumps

ExplorerThis

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2004
CobraChris08 said:
Thanks guys for the responses. I spoke with Bob on the phone. He said that's prob what he tuned it at. He said the pumps covered the fuel needs and the BAP really wasn't need. He is going to check his notes to see if he changed it at all. I'm still waiting the hear back from hans.

Adam yes we have to line em up. What tire are you running? I'll be on a M/T 275 that you guys will see soon.

60lbs injectors
KB BAP
Dual FGT Pumps

Im on hoosier drags radials 275's.....

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
CobraChris08 said:

60lbs injectors
KB BAP
Dual FGT Pumps
That's a nice setup that'll supply more fuel than you'll ever probably use with that 2.6.

Good info from tripleblack too. I didn't realize it would regulate voltage in the 0 position.

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
gnxs said:
That's what's on Chris' car, Ford GT pumps?

If so, that's probably why it's set at 0. He probably doesn't need it at this point with his hp and the GT pumps.

notes checked... BAP was at zero and duty cycle was fine... i dont like to put added pressure on pumps from BAP if not necessary..

sorry i didnt have a definitive answer for you on the golf course but i wanted to call you back asap.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info