karting tonight 5/18

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
7 races + 1 yearly license = $95

have a yearly license? $70

have been going with a work group lately but guys bailed. going tonight for 7 races, right now it will be just me and a coworker and will be under the name mike. respond here in the next 15 if you're in, else i assume you can call up and say you want to race with me or something. we will be arriving at 6pm.

i spend most of my time on t1 ccw trying to break 15s, which i have done, but not consisently. if you do this i will happily try and chase you to figure it out.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
Ah ok good. Back when I worked there exclusively the track record was like 13.7 or 13.8....I believe it's gotten faster.

My best back then was I think 14.5-14.6 something. It's been like 2 1/2 years since ive driven a kart in bg.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
bg is all corporate event booked up actually, no arrive and drive for there or addison.

i tried calling melrose - never been there before - is nobody there until 4? do i need to make a reservation, or simply show up?

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yea Addison has a huge group from 6-7:30. After or before that is open....you could eat before or something.

Never been to melrose so no clue :dunno:

It really depends on your current line I guess. I you're already deep into the 15's then it sound like your line is at least descent. Sounds like you need to work on braking.

It's all about your exit speed from the last left hander before the redbull sign all the way to the hair pin. You should also only have to brake twice; once for the hair pin and then just a bit coming out of the straight to the first left in the back. Take that as one big left hand turn. I actually go out wide to get a straighter shot for the long "straight" to the h-pin.

radioguy6

Reaction score
melrose park GP is alright. Raced a couple times at the old location and once at the new. Never raced at any of the CIR locations so I cant compare. You can make reservations at MP or walk in, definitely call ahead first if walking in though.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
yeah that back right corner 1-2 left before the start/finish line i am fuzzy on how to take best. i also wonder about my braking and if it should be a harder/quicker/later stab than how i'm doing it currently.

Yea Addison has a huge group from 6-7:30. After or before that is open....you could eat before or something.

Never been to melrose so no clue :dunno:

It really depends on your current line I guess. I you're already deep into the 15's then it sound like your line is at least descent. Sounds like you need to work on braking.

It's all about your exit speed from the last left hander before the redbull sign all the way to the hair pin. You should also only have to brake twice; once for the hair pin and then just a bit coming out of the straight to the first left in the back. Take that as one big left hand turn. I actually go out wide to get a straighter shot for the long "straight" to the h-pin.

Hubbard 0

Reaction score
I'm at Melrose almost on a weekly basis once it's warm. Was there all last summer/fall at the old location and done both track setups at the new one. I like it there a lot.

Alacran

GM fanatic
Reaction score
I'm at Melrose almost on a weekly basis once it's warm. Was there all last summer/fall at the old location and done both track setups at the new one. I like it there a lot.
Long track at Melrose is open on Thursdays. I am usually there unless something else comes up.

Hubbard 0

Reaction score
Cool. I think I've only done the long track twice. If my group shows up, we come in on a bunch of bikes. Come say hey if you see us.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
long track was fun, propane karts too. unfamiliar track though not all that sure what i was doing right or wrong! best time was a 36.85. i see online some of the moar fastars guys are 34 33 32

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
Reaction score
Not bad considering you didn't know the lines of the track.

Hubbard 0

Reaction score
I went the other week and the 4 of us that were there set the 4 fastest times for the week.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
i had to look online for fast times, it looks like the print out just had standard track times. also i didn't go suit nor take shit out of my pockets, figured keys would be ok. oops... fell out first race. also got ran over and separated. they pulled my car key off the track first race, but not until we were done and i went to get it did i find the keychain and house key were missing... guys drove around and found them though. won't be doing that next time!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom