Kart Racing at Autobahn

Five-0

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
So Iv'e never done cart racing, nor road racing for that matter other than a super-car rental years ago where I ripped on an F430, which was awesome. I've been more of a drag race kind of guy, but now I live 20 mins from Autobahn and RT66 is shuttered. So I figure I'd play around with some road racing on the cheap. You can sign up per race or for the series and they supply the cart and equipment. Seems like a hell of a deal to me! I signed up for the Spring series light rounds 2/3 if anyone wants to join!

Also if anyone has done this or has any tips I'm all ears!

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
jim carrey agree GIF

just signed up to do some track events at Gingerman and Autobahn in the Mazda3. Hoping to make some of the karting events this summer for sure.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
So Iv'e never done cart racing, nor road racing for that matter other than a super-car rental years ago where I ripped on an F430, which was awesome. I've been more of a drag race kind of guy, but now I live 20 mins from Autobahn and RT66 is shuttered. So I figure I'd play around with some road racing on the cheap. You can sign up per race or for the series and they supply the cart and equipment. Seems like a hell of a deal to me! I signed up for the Spring series light rounds 2/3 if anyone wants to join!

Also if anyone has done this or has any tips I'm all ears!

with the series, do they actually weight the karts too? thought autobahn had them set up to do that now? i've only ever seen it done one place (dubai outdoor track)
Last few times I was at Gingerman there weren't braking markers in most of the turns. That was fun while trying to learn the track on the bike.

Autobahn - south course is technical, north course is smooth and flowing.
south es mi favorito

Five-0 Five-0 you can probably get on the real track with some scca track night in america type events, mvp or someone might still run similar too, like weekday evenings you can pop out and get some laps in.

Five-0

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
with the series, do they actually weight the karts too? thought autobahn had them set up to do that now? i've only ever seen it done one place (dubai outdoor track)

south es mi favorito

Five-0 Five-0 you can probably get on the real track with some scca track night in america type events, mvp or someone might still run similar too, like weekday evenings you can pop out and get some laps in.
Yes, they are weighted for wither light or heavy series. So I'll need to ballast in the light class.

Reactions: sickmint79

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
I had a blast out there at the TCG outing and definitely want to get out more this year. Scratches that track itch for way less money.

If you want to get out on the actual track at autobahn there are quite a few groups that run out there. A few i know of are Lapps inc, revmatch, mvp tracktime and probably a few more you can find at motorsports.reg.

Karting way cheaper though, most groups are to $250-$325 for a day on the real track.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info