BUILD K swap miata

PXL_20220721_215458554.jpg

Honestly not too concerned with this. Just want to be sure none of the welds on the oil pan got fucked. And that I'm not leaking oil. There weren't any puddles after it sat all day.

Reactions: Dr. Jimbo
Man, you gotta get that Mspec tune, he's literally the best in country. Pain in the ass to do it again but you won't have to do it again after he works his magic.

Is he tuning again?

From what I heard he was dealing with medical shit.

PXL_20220724_164558757.jpg

Finally took off the old side motor mount.

Couldn't remember why I left it on. Then remembered the bolts weren't threaded very long so I couldn't just cut off the extra.

Trip to ace hardware racing it is.

I had also finally determined where my "tire" was rubbing at Autocross yesterday.

My mudflaps are set to self clearance on the ground mode and that's the noise I've been hearing the whole time. lmao

PXL_20220724_173036088.jpg

Looking at dropping the car off next weekend.

The bucking has stopped, but it's still a little fucky in the 1 to 2k rpm range on cold starts.

Also when people saw my dyno sheet they said there shouldn't be a dip and that my vtec probably isn't set up optimally.

So hopefully things go well with Mikey.

PXL_20220731_153445979.jpg

Nah I'm too busy tinkering lmao.

Today's project was fixing the shaking rearview mirror.

It's essentially only held on with a spring clip, but it's aligned with a chunk of plastic that had two screws in it and both those screws were loose.

Put a lil drip of blue loctite on there.

I think the next move is to move to decent dot 4 fluid.

My brakes were getting mushy just at Autocross.

Reactions: Mr_Roboto