Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Holy fucking fuck!!!

Timothy Olyphant is officially reprising his role as U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens after FX announced a Justified revival has been ordered to series, titled Justified: City Primeval (via Variety).

“Justified: City Primeval picks up with Givens eight years after he left Kentucky behind,” reads the series synopsis. “He now lives in Miami, a walking anachronism balancing his life as a U.S. Marshal and part-time father of a 14-year-old girl. His hair is grayer, his hat is dirtier, and the road in front of him is suddenly a lot shorter than the road behind. A chance encounter on a desolate Florida highway sends him to Detroit. There he crosses paths with Clement Mansell, aka The Oklahoma Wildman, a violent, sociopathic desperado who’s already slipped through the fingers of Detroit’s finest once and aims to do so again. Mansell’s lawyer, formidable Motor City native Carolyn Wilder, has every intention of representing her client, even as she finds herself caught in between cop and criminal, with her own game afoot as well.”

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
DWnxcyu.gif

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
A little more information on the return:

Justified: City Primeval is a sequel limited series based on the crime novel, City Primeval: High Noon In Detroit, by the late Elmore Leonard. Olyphant is set to lead the series, reprising his role as U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens.

“Justified was one of the most critically acclaimed shows of the past decade and an adaption of Elmore Leonard’s work that was so colorfully brought to life by Timothy Olyphant as Raylan Givens, Graham Yost and the entire team of producers, writers, directors and cast,” says Eric Schrier, President of FX Entertainment. “To have this group come together again with Tim as Raylan in a new and different Elmore Leonard story is thrilling.”

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
It's great they're doing a proper time jump. I'd love to see a Boyd cameo but I want this to be a new story.
And you've already started opening the can of worms, cause I absolutely agree with that. Boyd and Raylan are probably my favorite duo on screen for TV shows. It would be nice to see them on screen again but why would he be in Miami.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
And you've already started opening the can of worms, cause I absolutely agree with that. Boyd and Raylan are probably my favorite duo on screen for TV shows. It would be nice to see them on screen again but why would he be in Miami.
The show takes place in Detroit ?

A chance encounter on a desolate Florida highway sends him to Detroit. There he crosses paths with Clement Mansell, aka The Oklahoma Wildman, a violent, sociopathic desperado who’s already slipped through the fingers of Detroit’s finest once and aims to do so again.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Oh well fuck my reading comprehension huh. Point still stands, Boyd wouldn't be in Detroit either :p.
I just hope they don't pull some shit where Boyd is needed to help solve the crime. That's amateur hour and while Justified had it's share of lackluster writing, its still one of the best written shows ever.

Reactions: wombat

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
That or Detroit is so shitty and dangerous they don't think it is safe enough to film there. They wouldn't be wrong.

Welp, maybe I was wrong. Chicago is definitely a good stand in for Detroit. ? ?

Production on FX’s Justified: City Primeval has been halted in Chicago after two cars whose occupants were engaged in a gunfight smashed through the show’s barricades.

No one was injured during the Wednesday night intrusion, though shell casings were found on the set later. The cast and crew hit the ground and took cover when the incident occurred near the city’s Douglass Park. Star Timothy Olyphant, who is reprising his role as U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens, was present. A tipster told Deadline that Olyphant shielded a production assistant from the gunfire but this could not be verified.

• Haha
Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info