TV Justified is returning to FX!!!!!

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Holy fucking fuck!!!

Timothy Olyphant is officially reprising his role as U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens after FX announced a Justified revival has been ordered to series, titled Justified: City Primeval (via Variety).

“Justified: City Primeval picks up with Givens eight years after he left Kentucky behind,” reads the series synopsis. “He now lives in Miami, a walking anachronism balancing his life as a U.S. Marshal and part-time father of a 14-year-old girl. His hair is grayer, his hat is dirtier, and the road in front of him is suddenly a lot shorter than the road behind. A chance encounter on a desolate Florida highway sends him to Detroit. There he crosses paths with Clement Mansell, aka The Oklahoma Wildman, a violent, sociopathic desperado who’s already slipped through the fingers of Detroit’s finest once and aims to do so again. Mansell’s lawyer, formidable Motor City native Carolyn Wilder, has every intention of representing her client, even as she finds herself caught in between cop and criminal, with her own game afoot as well.”

GLIGTO

Coyote Nut Swinger
Reaction score
Yesss that's awesome! I fucking loved that show, actually watching through the series for the 2nd time right now with my GF.

Fish

From the quiet street
Donating Member
Reaction score
DWnxcyu.gif

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
A little more information on the return:

Justified: City Primeval is a sequel limited series based on the crime novel, City Primeval: High Noon In Detroit, by the late Elmore Leonard. Olyphant is set to lead the series, reprising his role as U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens.

“Justified was one of the most critically acclaimed shows of the past decade and an adaption of Elmore Leonard’s work that was so colorfully brought to life by Timothy Olyphant as Raylan Givens, Graham Yost and the entire team of producers, writers, directors and cast,” says Eric Schrier, President of FX Entertainment. “To have this group come together again with Tim as Raylan in a new and different Elmore Leonard story is thrilling.”

wombat

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Still one of the best shows I've watched. Cautiously excited for this.

TS
TS
Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
How could this possibly be bad?? I'm so excited.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
If I'm being honest, I'm fucking stoked - just know that sometimes it's better to let a good thing die while good.

TS
TS
Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
It's great they're doing a proper time jump. I'd love to see a Boyd cameo but I want this to be a new story.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
It's great they're doing a proper time jump. I'd love to see a Boyd cameo but I want this to be a new story.
And you've already started opening the can of worms, cause I absolutely agree with that. Boyd and Raylan are probably my favorite duo on screen for TV shows. It would be nice to see them on screen again but why would he be in Miami.

TS
TS
Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
And you've already started opening the can of worms, cause I absolutely agree with that. Boyd and Raylan are probably my favorite duo on screen for TV shows. It would be nice to see them on screen again but why would he be in Miami.
The show takes place in Detroit 😉

A chance encounter on a desolate Florida highway sends him to Detroit. There he crosses paths with Clement Mansell, aka The Oklahoma Wildman, a violent, sociopathic desperado who’s already slipped through the fingers of Detroit’s finest once and aims to do so again.

TS
TS
Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Oh well fuck my reading comprehension huh. Point still stands, Boyd wouldn't be in Detroit either :p.
I just hope they don't pull some shit where Boyd is needed to help solve the crime. That's amateur hour and while Justified had it's share of lackluster writing, its still one of the best written shows ever.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I would even argue that from the shows I've watched, THE best. But that's probably not saying much because I haven't watched too many TV shows.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
excited-happy.gif

Oh this makes me so happy. I definitely need to do another run thru of this show. Its been way too long.

Top Bottom