Just when you thought democrats couldn't get any dumber??

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

The House voted Wednesday on H.R. 8, the Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2019.
The bill would expand background checks to include all gun sales, rather than just sales by licensed gun dealers as under current law.

Republicans in the minority countered with an amendment to require that federal officials notify Immigration and Customs Enforcement
whenever a lawful or unlawful immigrant tried to illegally purchase a firearm.
That measure, opposed by most Democrats, was voted down when the bill was still in the House Judiciary Committee.

HOLY FRICK, I know how stupid liberals are, but DAMN!!!! they keep proving they are even dumber!!!

What kind of loser votes against informing law enforcement that someone tried to buy a weapon illegally!!!!
Especially an illegal alien criminal!!!!

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Why would immigration need to be informed of a lawful immigrant buying a firearm?

Read: a lawful immigrant is not a temporary nonimmigrant alien on a temporary visa. Currently immigrants, either in the process of obtaining their greencard or have their greencard are lawfully allowed to purchase a firearm...

A copy of the sworn statement and a copy of the notification to the local law enforcement officer, together with evidence of receipt or rejection of that notification shall be retained by the licensee as a part of the records required to be kept under section 923(g).

(d) It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person—

(1) is under indictment for, or has been convicted in any court of, a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;

(2) is a fugitive from justice;

(3) is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802));

(4) has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution;

(5) who, being an alien—

(A) is illegally or unlawfully in the United States; or

(B) except as provided in subsection (y)(2), has been admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa (as that term is defined in section 101(a)(26) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(26)));

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

Exactly, they don't inform anyone when purchasing a weapon legally.
It says "ILLEGALLY" so obviously you want immigration to know they just committed a crime.
I don't care what they do until it's something illegal.

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
Why would immigration need to be informed of a lawful immigrant buying a firearm?

Read: a lawful immigrant is not a temporary nonimmigrant alien on a temporary visa. Currently immigrants, either in the process of obtaining their greencard or have their greencard are lawfully allowed to purchase a firearm...
Because if someone with a valid green card is trying to illegally buy firearms they should probably have their green card revoked?

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
Even as a gun enthusiast and strong gun rights advocate, I'm ok with background checks for all gun sales (even though I think it will have little to no impact on actual crime). But I don't know why anyone would oppose ICE being informed when an immigrant legally/illegally tries to violate a gun law.

Immigrants, again legal/illegal, who are trying to violate our gun laws should be at the top of the deportation list. And for clarification, I mean non-citizens. Not people who immigrated here and became a citizen.

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Because if someone with a valid green card is trying to illegally buy firearms they should probably have their green card revoked?
Is that a revokeable offense? :dunno:

Does it matter if the intention was to purchase legally?

I guess I would want to know in what circumstances and what would be cause for revocation of a green card.

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
Is that a revokeable offense? :dunno:

Does it matter if the intention was to purchase legally?

I guess I would want to know in what circumstances and what would be cause for revocation of a green card.
I would hope anything slightly worse than a speeding ticket would get a non-citizen deported. Don't need to be allowing people in who are going to break laws, and don't need to be paying for them in court and/or in prison. Period!

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Also, why are we evening arguing the bill with the amendment passed the house vote :hsugh:

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
I would hope anything slightly worse than a speeding ticket would get a non-citizen deported. Don't need to be allowing people in who are going to break laws, and don't need to be paying for them in court and/or in prison. Period!
And I’m not arguing woulda-coulda-shoulda, I’m talking current laws

MrDragster1970

Reaction score

I'm not arguing anything but the complete stupidity that even a single one of them was opposed to a law
saying if you commit a crime you will be reported to law enforcement.

I say the same thing when the Republicans do something this idiotic, but they don't do it so damn often as the liberals do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom