Just tell me I am dumb for thinking about this.....

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
The lease on our Kona is due up in early June. I keep bouncing ideas around, but at the end of the day I want to save as much money as I can so we can finally buy a place of our own. Which lead me to thinking about yet another 3800 purchase just to get me to work and back and the Tucson can be used for the baby/family hauler.

I found this little guy.

Not a "TERRIBLE" price, but KBB puts it around $2600ish. I just figure its familiar, can find parts quickly, "should" be dependable enough to just get me to work and back. Will mostly be using it just for my commute.

So just tell me I am dumb and we can move along. LOL.

Reactions: v6buicks

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
If you can find a rust free 3800 that hasn't been molested id say go for it. Looks like a little rocker rust under passenger door but looks like a clean car otherwise. Go in there with cash, shoot for a lowball, and don't be afraid to walk. Dealer probably owns that car for $900 and needs to make sales being so small.

I have been kind of thinking the same for a gas saver, fun car. My problem is I am so anal id turn a $3000 car into a $5000 car really quickly.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
If that’s not too crusty, hell yes!

Just don’t put mustang wheels on it :s00ls:

But seriously, I looked for another 3800 after someone totaled my car. Ended up paying $3k for a yukon and haven’t looked back.

No self respecting person puts mustang rims on 3800s. The only thing worse would be 077s. :rofl:

Stock rims will suffice. I loved the incognito of my old Regal. If anything, I might get lucky and they are peeling. Just takes more money off the price.

If you can find a rust free 3800 that hasn't been molested id say go for it. Looks like a little rocker rust under passenger door but looks like a clean car otherwise. Go in there with cash, shoot for a lowball, and don't be afraid to walk. Dealer probably owns that car for $900 and needs to make sales being so small.

I have been kind of thinking the same for a gas saver, fun car. My problem is I am so anal id turn a $3000 car into a $5000 car really quickly.

Ohh for sure!! I saw the passenger door, but would absolutely inspect the hell out of it and knock dollars for everything. The rear bumper also looks a little damaged. I was thinking $2K OTD cash tops. Wont hurt my feelings if they say no.

I also am worried Id want to do stuff to it, but no engine mods. I do love my tinted windows, LED headlights and am spoiled with Carplay though. Then if I do the headlights, gotta match the fog lights. :rofl:

Send it man.

Haven’t seen you lurking around here in a while Fish Fish

Yeah, work and home life have been nuts. I try to poke my head in once and awhile.

Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

m_dogg

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 23, 2008
Price is steep and not sure if still avaliable/posted month ago. Basically almost a new car.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Price is steep and not sure if still avaliable/posted month ago. Basically almost a new car.

Jesus that is minty. If it was only supercharged and a diffrent color.

I might have been out of the 3800 game a few years but I why would a 2001 regal have a Series 3? Warranty replacement?

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Not a dumb idea at all to save money for a place of your own. The only consideration I will point out since you noted it will be used as a baby/family hauler is safety. Any car within the last 5-6 years is going to be a lot safer, especially since many manufacturers are now acing the small offset crash test.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish

PFFFFF, Ive seen newer cars for that much money. Its minty, but it isnt that special.

Then again, we are in a silicon/material crisis. :rofl:

Not a dumb idea at all to save money for a place of your own. The only consideration I will point out since you noted it will be used as a baby/family hauler is safety. Any car within the last 5-6 years is going to be a lot safer, especially since many manufacturers are now acing the small offset crash test.

We have a '19 Tucson as well. That would be the family car. This or any other car I get will just be me getting to work. Ive even thought about just getting by with just one car since the wife works from home now, but I dont know how I feel with them being stuck at home and god forbid something happens because I wanted to save money.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info