đź”– Deals just picked up some craftsman tools

clint282cc

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2011
got a $200 gift car for x-mas. went to sears to see what they had. my problem is I HAVE LOTS of wrenches, plenty of screw drivers, and all the allens i would ever need but i have NO sockets, ratches, extensions. so i wanted a kit that had a majority of sockets. and i wanted everything from 1/4 drive to 1/2 from 7/32 to 1" deep, shallow, 12pt, 6pt, metric and standard. most kits come with the cheap wrenches but this kit came with full polished ratchet wrenches too! so looks like ill add those to the collection i already have.

the kit i bought. normally $400, paid $200
Craftsman 309-Piece Mechanic's Tool Set: Love Your Job at Sears

now my problem is storing them. since there are so many (3 driver sizes PLUS 12pt/6pt and metric/strandard) i need a shit load of storage for them.

i WANT these...

Amazon.com: Lisle 40900 Red 1/2" Magnetic Socket Holder: Home Improvement

but my buddy gave me one set of these

Grip 6 pc Socket Organizer Tray Set - Amazon.com

i still need to buy a SECOND set of those^ just to have enough space... so i would need 6 sets of the one i like to make them all work. that would be $150 for storage of $200 worth of sockets HAHAH

what does everyone else use for socket storage?

SinisterSHO

Tame Racing Driver
Jul 20, 2007
That set is tempting for that price. I have the same problem as you, lots of wrenches, recently bought a nice screw driver set. But I have a lot of sockets that have been lost it seems.

We have a nice socket rack at Menards, but I can't find it on the website. Its the type that is a tray then has the peg that you put the socket over.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
That set is tempting for that price. I have the same problem as you, lots of wrenches, recently bought a nice screw driver set. But I have a lot of sockets that have been lost it seems.

We have a nice socket rack at Menards, but I can't find it on the website. Its the type that is a tray then has the peg that you put the socket over.

I was just thinking about the same ones from menards. Pretty cheep and work great. I keep them in the top of my tool cart

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En

clint282cc

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2011

I'll have to check them out. Do you know a brand name so I can look them up?

LOOK FOR HANSENS SOCKET TRAYS, THEY ARE PROBABLY THE BEST ON THE MARKET AND ARE PRETTY DAMN CHEAP

Those are the type I've used before and like a lot but they are double the price of the set I already have and basically the same thing.

scottr126

Jun 15, 2012
I also use the Hansen organizers. I use them at home and at the shop, they work great and fit great in the tool box.

1.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info