• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Just picked up a 02 Focus ZX3 5 speed any advise?

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
My buddies all built there ZX2 daily drivers and they actually were pretty quick for a 4 banger. One kid made his own turbo kit for only $500. I could tell you how its actually really cool and easy to make. Another kid ran a 75 shot with a tune. And another one of my friends has a P&P head and cams and its pretty damn quick for N/A.

The turbo kit was my favorite. From what I remember it had a 14g eclipse turbo, PT cruiser side mount intercooler, Ford Focus Header, and a downpipe from a different car I cant remember. But he ran 6psi and it ripped.

Rotard

No respect
Jul 11, 2007
Some engine mods I see with lightly modded ZX3s are mostly cold air intakes, exhaust, pulleys, and a diablosport predator tune, a larger throttle body is also popular. you could go all out on the suspension of course, but for a lot cheaper many people also get SVT focus suspension parts and brakes from Ford Racing.

The cold air intake on ebay sounds like a deal, but I'd make sure it came from reputable dealer and manufacturer.

Some sites i use to find parts are c-f-m.com, focussport.com, and massivespeedsystem.com. Also, focaljet.com and focusfanatics.com have great links and forums for further information.

Redman

Bad a$$ 2V
May 10, 2005
Some sites i use to find parts are c-f-m.com, focussport.com, and massivespeedsystem.com. Also, focaljet.com and focusfanatics.com have great links and forums for further information.

Remember, Massive is in Chicagoland and 90% of what we build are Foci.

We are having a huge Free car show on the 28th of this month. Should see 100+ cars again, most will be focus. Free food, drinks, tons of Big$$$ Items will be given away as prizes for the dyno competition, car show, ect, ect.

You should head on up and check out some of the other cars, meet some people, and hang out. It will help you see what is out there for your focus.

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
I know it's not a SVT, however any general ideas of what I should do? I have the ztec 16v motor. I want good gas milage so no FI for now, what are some cheap mods I can do? how are those ebay CAI for $40? Just want a shifter, springs, shocks, and cai for now.

"Any advice"

Yeah! Take it back!

I have a 2002 4dr SE 64K miles engine and trans seem ok, But the car has more squeaks,rattles,clunks,booms,clanks and chugs then any car I've ever owned!

I can't wait to get rid of it!

FirstPlaceOils

FirstPlaceOils.com
Nov 20, 2004
"Any advice"

Yeah! Take it back!

I have a 2002 4dr SE 64K miles engine and trans seem ok, But the car has more squeaks,rattles,clunks,booms,clanks and chugs then any car I've ever owned!

I can't wait to get rid of it!

weird , neither of my svtf's had those issues , maybe in the sedan they do, but I had great luck with my hatchbacks, and redman I planned on being there but now am unable to make it

Mystic544

TimmaY
Apr 7, 2004
Peoria, AZ
:laughing2 Crud - thought I might actually get to meet you there Sat
Oh well, not a 100% sure I'll make it there anyway - will have to see how I feel after getting out of bed in the AM:alcoholic
If you do change your mind - bring up the extra parts (tuner) n stuff you have left...and let me know you're rolling North;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info