Just lost $400 on amazon. A big F you to them.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
To make a long story short.
I sold an item on amazon $380 worth, shipped it the same day. Tracking shows delivered...that same day customer opens up a case with amazon saying he didn't get it. Gives me the whole song and dance..oh it must be a different mailman blah blah...Amazon gives me the big FU and gives him his money back..
At this point I wouldn't be too pissed if they really lost the package but I've never had that happen..so I did some looking and sure as she the day after it was delivered this fucker posts on FB and there is my product in the background.
FF 2 weeks until today and he is still bullshitting me saying he didn't get it, I tried to appeal the case with amazon with the picture and tracking and they said...nope. No proof of the delivery at that actual address. So basically i needed to send it with a signature required

Not sure what to do at this point but I'm pissed that there are still assholes out there like this. So word to you all if you ship anything that has a decent dollar associated to it...make sure you pay the few dollars to make them sign for it.

The kicker is this dick has good feedback on his FB page so I would of thought he was honest...but I guess not.

:picard:

Totally open to suggestions on how to stick it to this asshole.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
I'd personally escalate this to a manager with Amazon.

Provide the picture of the person, show proof that the FB page belongs to him, showing the part in the back ground and provide all copies.

Now, there may be a way to get a POD from the carrier that shows the address, versus just using the online tracking which shows delivered. Call the carrier.

If this doesn't work, blast him on FB, leave bad reviews for him and have others do so. He may think twice.

Was the payment received from Amazon done through PayPal or through a CC? If PayPal, you can try your luck to get them involved too. Surprised Amazon is not helping you out here.

Was this an apartment building or a house?

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
I'd personally escalate this to a manager with Amazon.

Provide the picture of the person, show proof that the FB page belongs to him, showing the part in the back ground and provide all copies.

Now, there may be a way to get a POD from the carrier that shows the address, versus just using the online tracking which shows delivered. Call the carrier.

If this doesn't work, blast him on FB, leave bad reviews for him and have others do so. He may think twice.

Was the payment received from Amazon done through PayPal or through a CC? If PayPal, you can try your luck to get them involved too. Surprised Amazon is not helping you out here.

Was this an apartment building or a house?
House. He sent a picture of his front door with a camera an hour after it was delivered. Not that it proves anything because he works out of his garage where it's perfect weather all day everyday anyway. And the pic of his kid, she looks a little too young to leave home alone

Save that image and blast him on FB, you may not ever get your money back but you can sure make him feel the pain.
Thought about it but if does the same to me then my fan page goes in the shitter and right now I have 5 out of 5 for about 20 reviews. So I'm sitting good just not sure I want to fuck with that
But if other people do it for me....it's out of my hands
Oh, SAVE that picture ASAP before he removes it, if he hasn't already.
I have it in a few places
i'm a little confused on this;

what shipping service did you use? shipping service shows trk# as delivered to guy's address? amazon's way of resolving the complaint is to make you eat the cost? apparently because between them, the shipper, and you - you're the weakest party?

Shipped USPS. Last time I called it was 1hr 12min wait time to talk to someone.
Get the local cops involved for theft?

Sue him in small claims court?
Called the local cops, they said I have to do a report at my local PD then they will call the cops out there.

Go to his house and steal it back. He cant loose what he does not have.
Wanna take a trip to cali?

I guess at this point i have nothing else to loose so i'll attach the pic

Attachments

• resized.png
    resized.png
    859.3 KB · Views: 315

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
Thought about it but if does the same to me then my fan page goes in the shitter and right now I have 5 out of 5 for about 20 reviews. So I'm sitting good just not sure I want to fuck with that
But if other people do it for me....it's out of my hands

Called the local cops, they said I have to do a report at my local PD then they will call the cops out there.

Well if he starts getting blasted on FB or even the powder coating forums he could potentially trace it back to you and try to ruin your score.

I used to PC out of my garage and there is no way he is not using social media/forums to get his business name out. If it were me I'd take the 1 bad review hit to hurt his business a lot. I know it may not be worth it for $400 but to me it would be the principle of the thing.

Problem with this pic is he could say that pc gun was his and he was buying yours as a secondary. It's obviously already been used and it doesn't look like there is anything that can prove it was the one you shipped him.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Well if he starts getting blasted on FB or even the powder coating forums he could potentially trace it back to you and try to ruin your score.

I used to PC out of my garage and there is no way he is not using social media/forums to get his business name out. If it were me I'd take the 1 bad review hit to hurt his business a lot. I know it may not be worth it for $400 but to me it would be the principle of the thing.

Problem with this pic is he could say that pc gun was his and he was buying yours as a secondary. It's obviously already been used and it doesn't look like there is anything that can prove it was the one you shipped him.

His last email to me:

I was hoping to get the gun, do a full review on it it to promote my
Powder Coating here at the shop. That was my main focus, to do a intro type
video for others to view, like and share.
No, the mail carrier was not reachable, there for considered lost or
stolen.
Jimmy

so he can't say it was his backup.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
That picture should be enough, you can actually call his local police department, have the dates/times/details briefed with that picture and if you can e-mail a detective they may stop over at his place.

I was actually on the buying end of a similar situation except it was the seller trying to fraud me (wrong year advertised on an expensive bike (it mattered because the year I got was known to have carbon frame issues), stock parts subbed out for sub par etc). I simply wanted to return it and he refused to pay the return shipping.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
That picture should be enough, you can actually call his local police department, have the dates/times/details briefed with that picture and if you can e-mail a detective they may stop over at his place.

I was actually on the buying end of a similar situation except it was the seller trying to fraud me (wrong year advertised on an expensive bike (it mattered because the year I got was known to have carbon frame issues), stock parts subbed out for sub par etc). I simply wanted to return it and he refused to pay the return shipping.

Nope I have to go to the local PD, I already tried calling the one in his town and that's what they told me.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Have you asked him directly about the FB picture he posted and why the item you shipped is included in it?

If not, you could approach it that way and let him know you're filing a police report and will post this on FB tagging his business and also send all correspondences to Amazon. He may rescind his dispute and allow you to get payment.

50/50 shot it could work.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Have you asked him directly about the FB picture he posted and why the item you shipped is included in it?

If not, you could approach it that way and let him know you're filing a police report and will post this on FB tagging his business and also send all correspondences to Amazon. He may rescind his dispute and allow you to get payment.

50/50 shot it could work.
I thought about it but rather not give him a heads up.
Not trying to be devil's advocate but he can use the excuse that he bought another of those guns after the one you shipped him was "lost or stolen".

I know that is highly unlike as that looks like a Redline and you can't buy those locally (at least to my knowledge).

That’s whats fucked up. Closest distributor to him is roughly 7-8 hours away. And that pic was posted the next day after it was delivered. Highly doubtful he had another one overnighted or couldn’t be wait a few more days to see what happened when it’s not liked he needed it. He had been powder coating for awhile already

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
This sounds exactly like Ebay BTW too, they ALWAYS, and i mean ALWAYS side with the buyer on everything. Doesn't matter what it is, there is no seller protection on the internet anymore. You're pretty much SOL. Police will not do anything about a $400 item, it's insignificant to them.

Find out if he is selling anything online and do the same thing to him, that's about the only thing you can do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info