GM Just Know That There's a Pontiac Grand Prix Limo Driving Michigan's Streets

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score

https://jalopnik.com/just-know-that-theres-a-pontiac-grand-prix-limo-driving-1831347692

I don’t know why it exists, how it exists, or frankly, what the heck is going on in this world in general, but I do know that roaming the streets of Michigan is a seventh generation Pontiac Grand Prix limousine. An actual one.

I don’t know why I’m telling you this, as there have been a number of different Pontiac Grand Prix limos documented over the years, but this one,—sent in by a reader named Matt—is in my neck of the woods in Auburn Hills, Michigan, and now I want to understand why it exists.

I’m not hating on the Grand Prix—it was a fairly powerful mid-size sedan (hell, MotorWeek called it a “Pushrod Powerhouse”)—but why someone thought a front-drive, non-luxury car based on GM’s ancient W Platform needed to be stretched and limousine-ified, I’m not sure anyone will ever truly know.

The idea of finding a powerful-ish car with the engine right over the drivetrain does make sense in terms of packaging efficiency, as only the exhaust and not a driveshaft will need to snake their way under the car’s floor. But other than that, I have no clue why that car—whose middle section appears to be a different shade of white than its front and rear bits—exists.

I’m glad it does, though. Weird cars are good cars.
The real question, how do those rear strut towers look? Am I right?

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
you can totally see they never painted it after....2 different whites :bowrofl: Can clearly see where they cut it in half

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
I ain't mad

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
You have a freshly cut mullet and you want to take your tatted up GF out for a special evening to the kegger at the drive in?

Call redneck limo service today. We'll get you there.

*you pay for gas.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Didn't think so. It's more white trash. Neck tattoos, eye brow piercing, cuts down trees for a living type person

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
They could've at least put some nicer wheels on it, like Bonneville GXP 18's or something.

GTPpower

Reaction score
A friend of mine had a grand prix limo for his wedding. It was pretty cool. Ed Morad was there too.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
I feel if these cars were awd they'd get eaten up. I'd love to have a gxp with awd.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
Donating Member
Reaction score
I feel if these cars were awd they'd get eaten up. I'd love to have a gxp with awd.
That would have been great. I always did like the size and looks of the GP. I just could not get past the FWD and the reason I did not buy one years ago when I looked at them.

GTPpower

Reaction score
I'm sure if it was and, gm would have lived up to it's reputation and put a junk drivetrain in.

bnr32

Reaction score
Thought for sure it would have a Hatchet Man sticker or some kind of ICP logo on it

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Thought for sure it would have a Hatchet Man sticker or some kind of ICP logo on it
:bowrofl:

OMG yes! Anytime I see someone with a logo tatted on them i want to rip their face off

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
LOL! The 4T65E is "nannied" with enough torque management to choke a horse with the 5.3. Now you wanna add some form of a transfer case to distribute the power to the back wheels on top of that? :D Not to mention space constraints.

The one thing I do dislike about our Impala SS. You put it in gear and to accelerate from a stop, there is so much TCC slip and TM to cushion the initial engagement to simply start moving.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom