• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Just installed SW Headers on a DTR

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
VMARAUDER dropped his car off to me just hours after I towed the wreck home. His car is stock but CLEAN...and 96k on it.

I dont have pics, but I wanted to say SW Headers are so damn easy to install over the KOOKS.
Every bolt is easily accessible, the oil filter does not need to be removed to re-install and the starter goes right in.

I also put a tune in for him and the car hails the mail now for sure.

Anyone considering headers, get the SW's. Even if you find a set of used Kooks for cheap....get the SW's! :bowdown:

PS: I did have to gring a little off the steering shaft....I dispatched an email to them letting them know. After I ground a little off I wire wheeled it and painted it black. You cant tell I did anything to it and you dont have to worry about its strength being compromised.

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
Good to hear they weren't too miserable Zack. I'll be sticking mine in this summer sometime.
If you shop around you can get the catted versions for about 10% under list which is $1300.
Best quote I got was for $1170 from the ws6store w/catted mids.

Bodyman

Regular
Nov 21, 2010
Warrenton,MO
VMARAUDER dropped his car off to me just hours after I towed the wreck home. His car is stock but CLEAN...and 96k on it.

I dont have pics, but I wanted to say SW Headers are so damn easy to install over the KOOKS.
Every bolt is easily accessible, the oil filter does not need to be removed to re-install and the starter goes right in.

I also put a tune in for him and the car hails the mail now for sure.

Anyone considering headers, get the SW's. Even if you find a set of used Kooks for cheap....get the SW's! :bowdown:

PS: I did have to gring a little off the steering shaft....I dispatched an email to them letting them know. After I ground a little off I wire wheeled it and painted it black. You cant tell I did anything to it and you dont have to worry about its strength being compromised.

LOL,, Yeah even if you get a set of Kooks for 350.00 shipped :hsughlol:. I think ive wasted more time,$$ and energy on my exhaust system Since opting for this set which at the time I thought to be a great deal. A set a SW's are on the short list in very near future mod's.

vmarauder

vmarauder
Apr 15, 2012
Not always, its touch and go on that issue. I have read where some have fit right in and some you have to grind the high spot down on the steering shaft or you can put a 1/8 in shim in the right side motor mount. I don't know of any pros-cons regarding any of the above. The one thing that I have thought about is...if you shim the motor how would it look. I have a great eye for leveling

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info