• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Just got back from a road trip

Edmond

Reaction score
It was my first road trip in the GP. I drove from the south suburbs up to Prior Lake, MN, which is about 40 minutes southwest of Minneapolis. I had a good time. On the way up, I took 80 out to 39 and then 39 all the way up 94 into Minneapolis. That was about 7 hours, I did that drive in the late afternoon.

On the way home, I took 94 to 90 and then 294 back home. It was about 7 hours as well. This I did overnight, left at 12:45am and got back at 7:45am. There was almost no traffic on the road but I still couldn't do more than 5mph over the limit in Wisconsin, I heard they're dicks over there about out of state speeders and didn't want to take the chance.

A couple impressions:

I fueled up right before I left MN and didn't have to fuel again on the ride home, I got more than 450 miles out of a tank of gas. By the time I pulled in my driveway, I still had a gallon and a half left.

The comfort for a 7 hour drive was incredible. The Monster drinks kept me up. The ride was very smooth and the seat was comfortable, driving 7 hours each way by myself, I had to make sure I was comfortable.

Ah, almost 4,000 miles on the Mobil 7,500 mile oil so it might be time for a change.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom