🔧 BUILD Just call me the blue oval John Dutton

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Now all that’s left for now is some stupid little shit. Drivers side air bag has a slow leak, rear flares are starting to get loose (3M tape peeled off), I’d like to get paint correction done, I’ll probably install the gooseneck hitch I have for it so that if necessary I have the option to remove the toneau cover and use it.

Further down the road will be emissions fixing, CCV delete, the DCR pump conversion, etc.

Reactions: Chester Copperpot

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Dropped it off tonight to get all the how dare you’s done.

4” stainless turbo-back, SOTF with custom tunes, CCV reroute, EGR delete, charge pipe upgrade along with a new lower pan (oil leak).

I installed all the SYNC 3 upgrade stuff before it went to the shop. They’ll get the vin input tomorrow and I’m going to play around with some of the settings on ForScan (all on mod, etc).

E23E95A1-4B64-460F-86E7-5FD8174F4432.jpeg

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
About 20,000 on the truck since the delete. Has been in the shop one more time for a coolant leak that ended up being water pump. Did water pump, all of the rad hoses, flush, belt, idler/tensioner and did all the fluids (t-case, diffs) while it was there.

Next big job will be the front end. It has a marginally loose tie rod and ball joint. I've got about 20k left in these tires, so I'll do that stuff, alignment and tires at the same time.

For now it's just going to continue doing farm stuff and things.

IMG_4659.jpeg

IMG_4658.jpeg

IMG_4963.jpeg

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Finally got back in for windshield tint after getting replaced. 40% whole windshield with 5% strip. So nice. A little darker than I wanted to go overall but it’s not an issue whatsoever even living out in the boonies with no light.

I think I’m going to be parking this one for the winter. 11-16 Super Duties with the 6.2 are getting super cheap again (a 200k mile ECLB or CCSB 4x4 can be had at auction from a clean climate for 5-6k) and I still own a complete plow setup for one.

IMG_5220.jpeg

IMG_5273.jpeg

IMG_5223.jpeg

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Sooooooooo instead of parking it along with seeing the 11-16 prices starting to nosedive I put it on Marketplace for $27,500 and it sold in about a week.

And then I bought another rust free 2016 for $12,000 😂

New one is a 1-ton 8’ bed though, two things I really missed. It’s not as pretty, but it’s a placeholder for a 17+ at this point.

IMG_6750.jpeg

IMG_6749.jpeg

IMG_6751.jpeg

IMG_6748.jpeg

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
How the hell did you get that for $12k?

Because I autistically Hawk auctions lol. I paid $20,500 for the King Ranch this thread was about at the height of the COVID bubble.

The big, real reason why you can get a truck like this cheap is the miles make it harder to finance, rates are through the roof and it leaves a small pool of guys that are willing and able to write a check.

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
Because I autistically Hawk auctions lol. I paid $20,500 for the King Ranch this thread was about at the height of the COVID bubble.

The big, real reason why you can get a truck like this cheap is the miles make it harder to finance, rates are through the roof and it leaves a small pool of guys that are willing and able to write a check.
How many miles does it have? If I could find a 6.7 that cheap, it'd be a good idea to upgrade from my 6.0.

Reactions: sktchy

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Yeah it hasn’t arrived yet. I won it a week ago, was supposed to go to Arkansas last weekend to pick up a horse. Was going to take a friend with to split the drive and snag the truck on the way back.

That didn’t pan out so I put it on a load board this AM. $1.70/mile wasn’t bad. I figure my costs taking a truck are about .53/mile but I’m doing a round trip vs. one way, factor in some meals and it’s easy to justify paying someone $660 to do it lol

Reactions: dpwalsh14

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Took the topper off this AM. Then ran out to Union Grove to meet my guys on site to load out more of the equipment I purchased Thursday. Decided to keep this 12 ton deckover I gave a grand for, it’s nice to have a bumper pull like this on occasion so any truck can pull it.

Got home, dropped my transfer tank and tool box in and put a strobe on that I ripped off one of my auction purchases. Solid first day for this rig.

IMG_6848.jpeg

IMG_6842.jpeg

IMG_6843.jpeg

IMG_6847.jpeg

Thread Info