Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
So I bought 2 b/c it was getting pretty good review and now I kind of wish I hadn't. The game feels way harder but not in a "fair" way. First off, the campaign can be beaten in a few hours....all you're doing is capturing wild dinosaurs and tossing them in enclosures and doing tedious tasks. That then opens up Chaos Mode, which is basically the actual park building stuff from the first game...however, I've now had to start my park over 3 times. The first, was because my raptors would not stop fighting each other and constantly injuring themselves. Literally, every time I brought one back from the med facility, they would fight and another would get fucked. So I started over a 2nd time and built everything up a better way, only to finally have the park open and go bankrupt not long after...and yet again, my dinosaurs were fighting, getting sick, non stop. And to my knowledge, there is nothing to prevent that. You just constantly get fucked with sick and fighting dinosaurs.

When the park finally does open, you just get a ton of messages telling you your guests are pissed because you have no amenities, and other shit. Well, I would love to have those, except when my parked opened, I was hemorrhaging money because you have to spend a bunch on random shit first before dickhead John Hammond will even let you open the park.

In the original game, you get tossed on an island and you're free to do what you want basically...not in this one. You are handheld quite a bit and its just not fun. Not to mention, the voiceovers are HORRENDOUS in this one (Goldblum aside).

They did add a ton more dinosaurs and they kind of feel more "real", but I much prefer the hands off approach of the first one.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
My first raptor pair, Walker and Texas Ranger. They fought constantly.

1636689481216.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info