Junkyard pull outs?

Kizzlebizz

Regular
Oct 26, 2020
we get about 650-700 for a good/tested, complete 5.3
like 900-1100 for a good/tested 6.0
400 for a good tested 4l60e
550 for a good tested 80e

These are untested and probably untest-able. There's a 04 silverado that hit the yard yesterday and I'm trying to get dibs on whatever is in it. I totaled it up on the website and with core charges and everything it's looking like $550-ish should buy the whole kit and caboodle including wire harness, computer tac/pedal, and engine/trans.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
These are untested and probably untest-able. There's a 04 silverado that hit the yard yesterday and I'm trying to get dibs on whatever is in it. I totaled it up on the website and with core charges and everything it's looking like $550-ish should buy the whole kit and caboodle including wire harness, computer tac/pedal, and engine/trans.
fuck that. for the extra hundo you can get one from my guy that tested and has EVERYTHING with it as well.

and you dont have to do the work.

Reactions: v6buicks and Jon01

Kizzlebizz

Regular
Oct 26, 2020
fuck that. for the extra hundo you can get one from my guy that tested and has EVERYTHING with it as well.

and you dont have to do the work.

So I did that; called around to salvage yards, got a 5.3 engine only (came dressed, but they sawed the harness to get it out) with 30 day warranty for $550 out the door. Slapped a cam in it and fired it up and it had a bad lifter, they wouldn't honor the warranty cause I put the cam in it. The junk yard pull out I get engine and trans and everything for about the same price.

I'll be honest, if I was local to you guys I'd bite on that deal though. Unfortunately I'm in South Alabama.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
So I did that; called around to salvage yards, got a 5.3 engine only (came dressed, but they sawed the harness to get it out) with 30 day warranty for $550 out the door. Slapped a cam in it and fired it up and it had a bad lifter, they wouldn't honor the warranty cause I put the cam in it. The junk yard pull out I get engine and trans and everything for about the same price.

I'll be honest, if I was local to you guys I'd bite on that deal though. Unfortunately I'm in South Alabama.
we ship transmissions all over via speedee and fastenal. im sure we can figure out a pallet and shipping on a complete good runner if you wnated.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Just under $650 for an unknown 4.8L

Was supposed to be from an 06 and ended up being a pre-03 with junk rods, paper head gaskets, and early headbolts. Ended up being reman too.
giphy.gif

• Sad
Reactions: Sprayin

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Yikes

do you guys have any LKQ’s or u pull and pays? Their websites are decent and you can see how long shits been there. I forget which but one has a “premium” section where they don’t let fuckers just hammer things off but it costs a few bucks more. LKQ online is decent too

Kizzlebizz

Regular
Oct 26, 2020
I paid 1300$ for a heard running. low mile lq4/4l80/uncut harness/pedal and tac module. was kinda high price but it was wrapped up like a gift and took zero effort on my end

Dude, I'd pay that all day. BUT-mine is going into a 4wd, so I need the manual t-case too.

I ended up getting a 60e and manual tcase to put into another truck for $180. Made things easier that I had my old man and a buddy working along side. About 2 hours start to finish on our backs in the yard.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Dude, if you guys get any lower mileage gen 4 lq4's in holler.
I need a 2nd to go in my Formula.
Do you ever get LY6 or L96's?
honestly. call elgin super. tom had scored a complete LY6 from them for $1200 delivered to us!

as for engines that we go through, the trucks are normally rot boxes or wrecks. nothinng has low miles. but generally theyre clean and run well. but may have 170k on them. who cares?! that just means boost ready! :LOL:

Reactions: Jon01
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info