TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
um.

https://muncie.craigslist.org/cto/5632392868.html

00p0p_8QZbETTsqO9_1200x900.jpg

00o0o_hesgUKrKCgQ_1200x900.jpg

1968 Dodge Powerwagon
(Title lists for a W-100 but it's far from it)
440 Balance and Blueprinted on Propane
Complete Rebuilt Transmission with B&M shift kit
36 Mickey Thompson with MT wheels
1900lb mile marker winch with separate battery and
Cooling cells
Timing adjust in cab
Power Steering
Power Brakes
Lockers
Dana 60
Complete Roll Cage out of 440 Dom Steel
Headers with flow masters
All lights turn signals etc work
Air horn
Fog lights on roll bar
Please email me for interests or questions
Cashiers check or cash only no personal checks.
$23,500 OBO no trades

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
natural gas conversion here [MENTION=60]greasy[/MENTION]

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/cto/5597056055.html

00I0I_5ddHkBnGMw8_1200x900.jpg

2012 CHEVROLET 2500HD 4X4 4 DOOR, 6 SPEED AUTO OVERDRIVE, 6.0L VORTEC V-8 RUNS ON CNG ( COMPRESSED NATURAL GAS ) WHICH CAN BE AS LOW AS $0.80 PER GALLON WITH THE SAME GAS MILEAGE AS GASOLINE!!
WHEN THE CNG IS DEPLETED, THE SYSTEM "AUTO SWITCHES" BACK TO GASOLINE ON THE FLY. HUGE 20 GALLON CNG CYLINDER YIELDS ARE INCREDIBLE 280 MILES RANGE ON CNG.

THIS CNG SYSTEM UPFIT COSTS WELL OVER $10K........THE ALL COMPOSITE CNG CYLINDER ALONE COSTS $4500.00!

THE CNG FUEL SYSTEM CAN BE REMOVED IF NOT DESIRED; ALL FACTORY GASOLINE COMPONENTS ARE IN PLACE.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
im not entirely sure, my buddy's shop is doing gasoline/propane systems in new gm trucks right now, that work seamlessly basically. can hit a switch and run gas or propane... fill it up right next to the gas fill, propane tank goes where the spare tire used to be.

crazy thing is they get stupid range too after the conversion.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Yea propane and cng produce same power/mileage. The only downside atm is initial costs and availability. You can have a pump installed at your home and you can hook up to your natural gas and fill up. It's a slow fill though(8hours). You have a dedicated or a split system. Meaning only cng/propane or cng/propane and gas. The switch over is seamless. The tanks have to certified every few years.

I'm not a fan of the systems though. No benefit to your average Joe IMO

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
How they described it to us was if it was reverse and we had cng/propane all along and they were the trying to sell you a gas or Diesel powered vehicle, they'd never sell do to being so damn dangerous. Gas spills, it goes up, diesel spills it never goes away/can ignite. Cng just vents to the air and isn't dangerous near the scene of an accident. The only accidents that have happened in Cng/propane that have costed lives is due to faulty tanks and untrained people working on them or filling them.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
right, that or where they always wind up at the same place at the end of the day.

I mean, you could kinda treat it in the same way as you would owning a Tesla... Especially with the "range extender" gasoline switch-over. Fill up at your home every few nights, and, if you were hitting the road and CNG/Propane would be out of the question, you can still run gasoline. Pretty cool IMO. I never really looked into these systems, but I was always under the impression that you had to dedicate the fuel system one way or another... Dual fuel makes it interesting to me.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Many Menards rental and GM trucks are propane, at least at stores with the filling station.

Drove one earlier this year, thought it was neat. The 2nd time I went to start it I forgot I needed to turn the key and hold until the green light lit...so I sat there in my driveway cranking it for a few extra seconds thinking WTF.

Oh, right. Carry on, propane.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info