I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Didn’t see a new thread you slackers

[MENTION=945]daturbosix[/MENTION]

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/littleton-1999-chevy-tahoe-rwd/6922416824.html

00i0i_jGhJlJFgK0k_1200x900.jpg

00n0n_eQmdPicj0tg_1200x900.jpg

This Tahoe used to be a police vehicle and has just over 143k on a rebuilt 5.7L engine. Clean engine with over 850.00 of new parts - just the usual things that need replaced over time. The air conditioning is not working, it needs rear brakes (I will buy for you) and the front end need to be greased as it squeaks. Just had my other truck greased and noise is gone. Original police rims!

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
https://madison.craigslist.org/cto/d/pardeeville-1997-silverado-cummins-swap/6929833488.html

00d0d_kjBvtPipydx_600x450.jpg

00L0L_1R5ESMR7EPJ_600x450.jpg

Frame has been been fully boxed using a set of rails from another truck as the boxing plates. Examine pictures for details. Front of frame is plated and shock hoops added. Spring over solid axle swap brackets are from SKY's. 1979 Ford Dana 60 front axle rebuilt with new bearings, king pins and bushings, and axle joints(Spicer joints everywhere). 1994 Chevy NV4500 rebuilt with a complete parts kit and 1-3/8" cummins input shaft and matching countershaft gear. The Chevy version of the NV4500 has a big vibration dampener at the tailshaft end that eliminates the 5th gear nut issue common to Dodge models. Brand new 13" NV5600 clutch from Valair with less than 1,000 miles on it. Starter replaced at the same time. The rear axle is a 1997 corporate 14 bolt rebuilt with new bearings. It has 4:10 gears to match the front and an open diff. Truck comes with a like new Detroit locker that can be reinstalled at buyers request. I removed it because it was annoying when pulling a trailer. The rear is lifted 4" to match the front with a SKY's shackle flip kit. New rear driveshaft has 1410 Spicer joints. The engine is a 1992 VE pump 12 valve Cummins that has been completely rebuilt. Block is bored .020 over and decked. Crank is standard/standard and BEAUTIFUL. All bearing clearances were perfect. Cylinder head rebuilt with a multi-angle valve job and deck surfaced. Basic port work under the seats to clean up transitions and the short sides. Factory injectors rebuilt by DIS in Madison, WI with Bosch 5 x .012 nozzles to match the spray angle of the marine bowl pistons. Injection pump gone through with seal kit, 3200 rpm spring, and THD fuel pin. Motor runs awesome and has reasonable EGT's. Primed and painted with epoxy and Imron as well. Truck runs the Dodge radiator and intercooler setup. Spahl electric fan is on a thermostat. Factory Cummins rebuilt HX35 turbo with 4" exhaust. Chevy wire harness pinned out and unnecessary items pulled back. Autometer gauges monitor boost, EGT, and fuel pressure. Fuel system consists of a custom built 60 gallon aluminum tank in the bed feeding a big Holley filter and a GSL392 pump mounted on the frame rail. Holley HP billet regulator is return style. All black AN fitting and braided stainless fuel hose. Tank was built with parts from Boyd's tanks and fuel level sender works with factory dash cluster. Corrosion free H2 wheels with 35 inch BFG muds at 1/2 tread. Newer body style Chevy wheel centers with the front two bored out to fit the hubs. Custom stainless brake lines throughout.

The truck has rust. The rockers are in rough shape and the box is pretty rough. It gets lots of compliments and thumbs up but it is not a show truck. The clear coat has started peeling on the hood and roof. I never put a rear bumper on it. The driver door has a dent in it as seen in the pictures. The front springs were used from another project when I installed them and they are getting weak. Truck has Bilstein shocks on all four corners but they are getting weak as well. I've put around 50k miles on the truck since the overhaul. The body has 280k on it. The interior is very clean for those miles. I had the factory tach working with parts from a destroked kit, but it stopped working awhile back and I haven't had time to investigate.

I have owned this truck since 2003 and it's been my daily driver up until this year. I built it with the idea that it would be a bullet-proof grunt truck that could pull a trailer cross country. The fuel system was purposely built to be serviceable on the side of the road. There is a big ball valve on the fuel tank and a spare brand new fuel pump in the glove box. I would drive it anywhere.

pretty neat.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
someone buy this so i don't feel compelled to.

https://madison.craigslist.org/rvs/d/baraboo-chevy-truck-and-sportmen-camper/6928696321.html

01010_lXbaDF1Ctro_600x450.jpg

00T0T_ilJoNpHGEVi_600x450.jpg

Camp in comfort AND tow your boat to your favorite lake! Truck: '98 3/4 ton Chevy Silverado long bed. This is a west coast truck until the last three years, and has no rust. It has only 81,000 miles, although it does have some of the usual 'character flaws' expected from a truck of this age. The tires are newer and the interior is nice. Camper: a '96 KZ Sportsmen with a queen-size bed, convertible bed/table, toilet, 3-way fridge/freezer, 3 burner propane stove, sink w/ running water, and many more extras. Does not leak.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info