July truck craigslist & ebay finds

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Here I am considering a 1/2 ton again to get away from the massive initial purchase price of a newer diesel. Would have to downsize my sled trailer :rofl:

Check out I39 Supply. They'll build you a trailer you want if they don't have it in stock. :io: All aluminum, barely over 2k lbs. 1/2 ton pussy truck approved.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
im hunting for something more seriously... want to be able to pull up to ~8500lbs-9k or so on occasion (future boat hopefully) :crossfingers:

4 doors... power seats (cloth is fine as long as they adjust enough) 4x4, and at least like 16-17mpg highway... and less than 175k miles or so... and around 20kish...

You can get a RAM optioned to fit your needs for ~30K brand new, They had some crazy incentives last time I looked (close to 20% as well)

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i want clean. that's probably one of the highest things... on my list.

some things ive eyed up.

2006 chevrolet 2500 HD silverado

00M0M_lqnGpftuBKG_1200x900.jpg

2007 Very Clean & Low Miles

00J0J_f9DUa4W9kCU_1200x900.jpg

2013 Chevy 2500HD Gas

00N0N_3BQenGGPrsk_1200x900.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
You can get a RAM optioned to fit your needs for ~30K brand new, They had some crazy incentives last time I looked (close to 20% as well)

i've thought about that, or springing for a new silverado around 35k or so...

i REALLY want a payment of around $400 a month though... 60 months @2.49% = 23k ish purchase price... i don't really want to go much passed that.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Here I am considering a 1/2 ton again to get away from the massive initial purchase price of a newer diesel. Would have to downsize my sled trailer :rofl:

the boat i really want is 6750lbs dry... so 8500lbs or so with trailer/fuel would be a good guesstimate...

im not going to be pulling it out west, but i want to be able to drag it to michigan/lake g/up north if i want and not think about it.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
i've thought about that, or springing for a new silverado around 35k or so...

i REALLY want a payment of around $400 a month though... 60 months @2.49% = 23k ish purchase price... i don't really want to go much passed that.

Dodge is offering stupid finance incentives too, I feel like they offer 0% for 72 months from time to time.

I'd rather pay the $50-100 extra per month to have the piece of mind of a brand new truck personally. Yes its only a half ton vs. a 3/4 ton, but then you get the piece of mind of that no one has abused it prior to you getting the keys.

Part of me regrets trading in the mustang coupe I bought brand new for a used Vert just because of some of the issues its been having lately, but I wasn't willing to eat the price spread on that specific purchase.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I haven't had a $400 car payment since the TA... God I miss those days! :rofl:

#mortgagecarpayments

#eaglestacks

6 years at 3% for $30k is ~$455 a month.

STOP IT

:rofl:

and honestly i want to be around 20k hopefully, because wheels, tires, cap, roof tent, bed something would be getting tossed at it as well...

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
6 years at 3% for $30k is ~$455 a month.

So you add a year, and $50 per month to the loan for a NEW truck.

STOP IT

:rofl:

and honestly i want to be around 20k hopefully, because wheels, tires, cap, roof tent, bed something would be getting tossed at it as well...

Youuuuuuu could roll quite a bit of that I bet into a new truck purchase loan, especially with a good price on the truck.

At least the Cap/Bedliner if not already there could likely be rolled into the purchase.

Wheels/Tires have plenty of good 0% offers if you have good credit, Discount Tire has credit card promo's like that.

I sound like a car salesman :bowrofl:, but I've learned a lot about 'making the most of credit' over the past few years, between the Condo and House purchases, its almost stupid not to take advantage of these kinds of things when they are available.

Seriously, especially if you aren't in a rush, you could make truck dealers fight over your business, and might get even better pricing than you thought possible with a New truck.

That, and friendly reminder, are you looking to finance used, or buy cash?

Financing $20k on a used vehicle will have significantly worse rates than a new one.... So you may be EVEN CLOSER payment wise on that front...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Youuuuuuu could roll quite a bit of that I bet into a new truck purchase loan, especially with a good price on the truck.

At least the Cap/Bedliner if not already there could likely be rolled into the purchase.

Wheels/Tires have plenty of good 0% offers if you have good credit, Discount Tire has credit card promo's like that.

I sound like a car salesman :bowrofl:, but I've learned a lot about 'making the most of credit' over the past few years, between the Condo and House purchases, its almost stupid not to take advantage of these kinds of things when they are available.

Seriously, especially if you aren't in a rush, you could make truck dealers fight over your business, and might get even better pricing than you thought possible with a New truck.

That, and friendly reminder, are you looking to finance used, or buy cash?

Financing $20k on a used vehicle will have significantly worse rates than a new one.... So you may be EVEN CLOSER payment wise on that front...

not really... new you can find under 2% it looks like right now... my credit unions i use have 2.39% for used... .39% isn't big enough for me to basically double my budget.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
not really... new you can find under 2% it looks like right now... my credit unions i use have 2.39% for used... .39% isn't big enough for me to basically double my budget.

I forgot you had a good relationship with a credit union :riski:

I'm still scared of buying a used 3/4 ton because you don't know how hard it was ragged on or maintained Vs. just buying a brand new 1/2 ton.
[MENTION=4700]Miss Esa[/MENTION] more or less has me convinced to just buy a brand new Ram to be honest once her Cooper is paid off.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
A CHALLENGER APPEARS.

a touch much $$$$$ i think... if i could get this for around 23k id be buying a plane ticket to maryland.

2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Low Miles* : Trucks: So. Maryland Online Classifieds

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 4x4 short bed. 6.2l motor 6 speed trans, 3.73 rear. 50,3XXX miles. Second owner. No accidents. Truck was special ordered with Bose sound system, front bucket seats, and other options that do not come stock with the SLE. The truck has a leveling kit on the front to clear the 295/55/20s. Cleared headlights, billet grill, smoked tail lights. LED everything minus the tail lights. 1.75" Texas speed headers to custom 3" exhaust and much more. Asking $30,000 OBO

1675909.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info