July 24th Autobahn Country Club ...laps inc

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
fyi gridlife hpde+ rwd class - this car doesn't have much done to it.

86 Jiyuan Ding - Honda S2000 - (1:11.763 / 2:45.467 / 1:36.058)

times are north/full/south - dude is good

I know this dude, he's cool AF I follow him on YT BUT he is why I was 3rd at WMHM :squint: His car is more... Track focused? I think he runs aero too, at least for his fast times at Gingerman he did. When I ran my 2:55 it was literally first time AB full and my 2nd time ever being there, I can easily make up 5sec. 2:45's on the other hand, IDK.... :rofl:

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I know this dude, he's cool AF I follow him on YT BUT he is why I was 3rd at WMHM :squint: His car is more... Track focused? I think he runs aero too, at least for his fast times at Gingerman he did. When I ran my 2:55 it was literally first time AB full and my 2nd time ever being there, I can easily make up 5sec. 2:45's on the other hand, IDK.... :rofl:

rules in this you can't do a whole lot - no aero (unless oem part)

https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...1450761526399/GRIDLIFETIMEATTACKRULES2016.pdf

dude's got skillzzzzz

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
No I was just curious what it was doing as I saw it come on a lot in the video. Is it just pulling throttle? Didn't realize they had different levels of nannydom.

I figured out what happened. So when I went to track mode, you push the button twice to get the 5 levels of nannies. Once you move dial to the desired level you leave it alone. I was pushing button so I was basically running around in wet mode [emoji23]

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
Extra cautious nannies, maybe lap times could have been even better :noes:

You can see and hear where the nannies were keeping me from getting back on the gas. Looking at the lap with sound, take in consideration of the time lost behind the Porsche and I'd say that easily would have been a 2.47 maybe even a high 2.46 lap. 2 more track days at autobahn this year want to try and get in the 2.42-3 range. Anything faster would be a bonus [emoji106]

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I ordered new springs for my suspension to handle the extra grip of the RE-71's or pretty much all of the new 200tw tires that are out. Should drastically decrease my laps times, my car was leaning HARD with the weak ass spring rates I have right now. It really made transitions super sketchy. Should be an epic rest of the season with the new stuff.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i think my noise is a left rear axle and am waiting on one to come in and hoping i can wrench it myself with some buds in the garage with my newb skills.

i had subaru look, i actually made the appointment and the issue started literally my last day of warranty. they looked the next day. they 'wanted to start with' a new diff, parts and labor 7k, no warranty not because late but because the car is modded. as if any of my mods would jack up a differential.

i'm reasonably confident replacing the left rear axle will fix the issue and plan to get my diagnostic $ back and bitch these guys out. the tech also concluded my diff has been opened, and it certainly never has.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info