July 24th Autobahn Country Club ...laps inc

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
You guys suggesting that nannies are cheating? Not trying to bash either, curious.

It saved me when the track was wet, but outside of that I don't notice it on the brakes or mid corner only when I'm trying to get back on throttle exiting a turn. If it's doing anything right now it's slowing me down. I need to read up on the track settings more and figure out what each level does and how much input it has in them. Either way I'd never disable it completely on my street car.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
No I was just curious what it was doing as I saw it come on a lot in the video. Is it just pulling throttle? Didn't realize they had different levels of nannydom, Rx7's don't have anything but no torque so who cares except in the rain, 510 the same, 300zx has ABS and my mazda3 has abs/traction control but that just pulls throttle when I usually need throttle to keep the rear from coming out on me so I try to always turn it off.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
HELL no. I'd have all of those things on if I had a car with that much power. Anything that helps keep a car off the wall and helps people get better is nothing but fair to me.

Every Focus RS in Drift Mode that hit a wall was running with the car in "God" mode. Even in drift mode the ESC is still on by default.

A well programmed ESC is nearly invisible until you need it. And often it knows you need it before you knew you needed it.

The ESC in the RS in normal is intrusive. But in Track its awesome, I'd never turn it off. There is plenty of slip where needed.

J-LO

TCG Elite Member
Jul 9, 2013
In Da Hood
No I was just curious what it was doing as I saw it come on a lot in the video. Is it just pulling throttle? Didn't realize they had different levels of nannydom, Rx7's don't have anything but no torque so who cares except in the rain, 510 the same, 300zx has ABS and my mazda3 has abs/traction control but that just pulls throttle when I usually need throttle to keep the rear from coming out on me so I try to always turn it off.

It does breaking and cuts spark depending on the need. When it was wet out I felt it apply the brakes to individual rotors, it was kind of neat to feel it.

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Feeling these cars assist really is something quite impressive. Can't pretend to suggest I don't horribly miss it.

I got to know the system real in-depth when I broke it fixing my balancer, sensors everywhere, on the wheels, susp, steering wheel, yaw-rate and all that. I'm sure most newer cars all have it but cool as hell none the less.

A yaw-rate sensor is a gyroscopic device that measures a vehicle's angular velocity around its vertical axis. The angle between the vehicle's heading and vehicle actual movement direction is called slip angle, which is related to the yaw rate.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I'm so mad it doesn't take audio too though.

You cant be mad at something you dont own

giphy.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info