Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Joker-Origin-Movie-Working-Title-Joaquin-Phoenix.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I could be sold on that. I still think his only solid role was in Gladiator

I think he was meh in that role. But he annoys me by just being on screen. Which helped that character. He is a middle of the road actor for me.

I think he did well in Walk the Line, 8mm, and Spacecamp.

I like when he was Leaf Pheonix :rofl:

Now his brother River I think could have had a great career.

We will see how Joaquin does with the Joker. It will be interesting to see his take on the character.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I think the guy is a fucktard when not acting BUT......this could be a sizeable addition.

The Joker origin movie that will stand apart from the DC Extended Universe is making big strides in coming together, officially getting the greenlight earlier this month and setting a release date. Now, according to The Hollywood Reporter, Academy Award winner Robert De Niro is in talks to join Joaquin Phoenix for the film, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The 74-year-old actor, famous for his many mob roles including Goodfellas and The Godfather Part II, will be making his comic book movie debut if he were to sign on for the film. Plot details are currently being kept under wraps, but the film is set to take place in Gotham in the early ’80s and De Niro would be playing a talk show host who is instrumental to the infamous villain’s origin. Zazie Beetz (Deadpool 2) is also in talks for a role in the film.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
https://www.slashfilm.com/joker-movie-cast/

According to a new report, the Oscar-nominated actor will play Thomas Wayne, Batman’s father, in the upcoming Joker film for director Todd Phillips (The Hangover). Read more about Baldwin’s newest role below.

Deadline has the news about Baldwin joining the Joker movie cast, although the outlet says that Warner Bros. has not confirmed which role he will play. The Wrap, however, is confident in saying that Baldwin will play Thomas Wayne, the wealthy industrialist who, along with his wife Martha, is murdered in the streets in front of young Bruce Wayne after leaving a theater.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Also, /film still says this about the cast / director / producer

Joaquin Phoenix stars as the title character who goes from a failed comedian to the Clown Prince of Crime in this 1980s-set drama that takes its inspiration from the famous one-off comic The Killing Joke. Phillips (Old School, War Dogs) is directing, and Martin Scorsese is executive producing. Robert De Niro is on board to play a talk show host who is instrumental in the Joker’s origin, which sounds like he’s flipping the script on his starring role in Scorsese’s 1983 movie The King of Comedy. Marc Maron (GLOW) is playing a booking agent for De Niro’s character’s talk show. Frances Conroy (Six Feet Under, The Tale) is set to play the Joker’s mother, Penny, while Zazie Beetz (Deadpool 2, Atlanta) is playing a single mother who catches the Joker’s eye.

Sooooooooooo Scorsese is still involved AND De Niro has officially signed on?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
A few times

The character was introduced in Batman #1 (1940), in which he announces that he will kill three of Gotham's prominent citizens (including Mayor Henry Claridge). Although the police protect Claridge, the Joker had poisoned him before making his announcement and Claridge dies with a ghastly grin on his face; Batman eventually defeats him, sending him to prison.[65] The Joker commits whimsical, brutal crimes for reasons that, in Batman's words, "make sense to him alone".[42] Detective Comics #168 (1951) introduced the Joker's first origin story as Red Hood: a criminal who, during his final heist, vanishes after leaping into a vat of chemicals to escape Batman. His resulting disfigurement led him to adopt the name "Joker", from the playing card figure he came to resemble.[25] The Joker's Silver-Age transformation into a figure of fun was established in 1952's "The Joker's Millions". In this story the Joker is obsessed with maintaining his illusion of wealth and celebrity as a criminal folk hero, afraid to let Gotham's citizens know that he is penniless and was tricked out of his fortune.[66] The 1970s redefined the character as a homicidal psychopath. "The Joker's Five-Way Revenge" has the Joker taking violent revenge on the former gang members who betrayed him;[33] in "The Laughing Fish" the character chemically adds his face to Gotham's fish (hoping to profit from a copyright), killing bureaucrats who stand in his way.[32]

Batman: The Killing Joke (1988) built on the Joker's 1951 origin story, portraying him as a failed comedian pressured into committing crime as the Red Hood to support his pregnant wife. Batman's interference causes him to leap into a chemical vat, which disfigures him. This, combined with the trauma of his wife's earlier accidental death, causes him to go insane and become the Joker.[25] However, the Joker says that this story may not be true, as he prefers his past to be "multiple choice".[67] In this graphic novel, the Joker shoots and paralyzes Barbara Gordon and tortures her father, Commissioner James Gordon, to prove that it only takes one bad day to drive a normal man insane.[53] After Batman rescues Gordon and subdues the Joker, he offers to rehabilitate his old foe and end their rivalry. Although the Joker refuses, he shows his appreciation by sharing a joke with Batman.[68] Following the character's maiming of Barbara, she became a more important character in the DC Universe: Oracle, a data gatherer and superhero informant, who has her revenge in Birds of Prey by shattering the Joker's teeth and destroying his smile.[53]

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
hmmmmm interesting. Since they are going with the Killing Joke comic we know what we will get. So I guess we will have to see what details they come up with.

*edit* Now I remember the Michael Keaton Batman had the joker origin as well. Batman drops him in a chemical.

I would bet people would really like to see the origin story of the Dark Knight Joker. I know I would. haha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info