Movie Joker

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Yes I did. The cinematography, soundtrack, everything about it was top notch. It's done some things to my brain that I can't quite figure out yet, but for some reason I can't get that Harvey Danger song Flagpole Sitta out of my head now. I'm not sick, but I'm not well.
This is how I felt. I was going to come in and write this whole review on it. Everytime I tried I was like "well that doesn't do it justice". It's not a movie I can come in here talk about. You have to experience it. Experience will vary.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I thought the movie was good. It was slow going, I found myself not sure engaged till the plot got moving. I went in with the expectation that it wasn't going to be a super hero movie. I think it did a great job connecting to the Batman universe and the Joker character. I'd watch it again but wouldn't go out of my way to do so.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

:ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

During the film’s climax, riots break out all over Gotham after Arthur murders Murray Franklin on live TV. While Arthur is arrested and bundled into a police car (which later crashes, allowing Arthur to be pulled free), rioters shoot Thomas and Martha Wayne in an alleyway but spare the couple’s young son - Bruce Wayne. In Joker’s final scene, which takes place in Arkham State Hospital, Arthur remembers the Waynes being murdered - something that he couldn’t have witnessed from his position inside and then atop the police car. For this reason, the events of the film almost certainly take place inside Arthur’s head.

I did not take this scene to mean he was remembering any of the riot stuff. It just cuts away to him being in the asylum...I dont agree with this at all.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Agreed. The movie isn't POV. They show things happening around him. Doesn't mean it's him seeing or remembering it.

But look at clocks. Clocks in this and TDK. The clocks are always 11:11. ?

Painting in the Jack Nicholson version is in Arthur's apartment.

Things to show tribute to older film? Or things to show events in his head use the same things over and over.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
The Simpsons GIF

Reactions: 1quick
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info