Movie Joker

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
This leads me to one theory...... Is the movie even in theaters...?

Did you guys really even leave your homes to watch it? Or was it all made up?

Whaaa?

giphy.gif

It was clearly meant to be a symbolism scene. Who gives a shit if the fridge exists in the real world. Batman doesn't exist in the real world.

Now you are saying there isn't a window in the fridge door? WTF Mook! haha

"Oh this movie is in a gritty real world setting" to "none of this matters it's all fake anyways." lol

It all being in his head would be the worst twist since "Omg it's the plants" from that M. Night dumpster fire with Marky Mark.

But you guys already admitted that it is likely that this isn't the Joker that battles batman. So isn't it plausible a patient, or someone else in the institution like a doctor :eek: , hears Arthur telling these stories and takes them, twists them, into their own story or multiple past stories as they go on to create their own destruction of the upper class & Gotham?

I actually like the idea that an educated and smart doctor gets warped by his job and patients and goes off his rocker. Even though it's kind of Harley Quinn's origin. But none the less that could be a smart and calculating person who finds a worthy adversary in a match if witts with Batman. I mean look at the Joker in TDK. He wasn't just about killing people. He wanted to manipulate them to turn them into someone they aren't. Like the best of Gotham had to offer, Harvey Dent. As well as Batman. I still like to think Joker as a smart and calculating person versus a crazy person who just does things to create chaos. So I agree Athur isn't the Joker that will eventually face off against Batman. But how will he have inspired the person who does? By real events in Gotham or stories told to someone who wraps their mind around those stories?

Maybe Joker 2, 3, or 4 will finally tell us? lmao

Also, I used dumper fire 3 times in the last two days. You don't hear that very often. So Bravo. haha

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Why bother showing the Wayne's get gunned down if it's all in his head? Why bother highlighting that him being in the audience for Murray's show in the beginning was clearly a fantasy? Why bother showing that the broad down the hall wasn't actually his GF? None of those scenes make sense if it was all in his head. They show those for the audience. It's not there for the character.

Reactions: Mook

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The killing of the Waynes is easy to say that in his delusions he saw Wayne as his father and then he wasn't. So he was mad at them and also Bruce for being something that he thought he had the right to be. The upper-class society that the whole movie is showing anger against. Wayne is all over the tv. The media stoking the fire for stories and ratings. Just like they do today, no? So Wayne is an obvious person for Arthur to focus his hate on. Just like much of Gotham. So is it hard to imagine that someone who feels so slighted by Wayne not wishing they were dead?

Are you really trying to say that something isn't possible in the mind of someone who someone saw fit to send them to an institution? lol Come on now

And what about this? Those style refrigerators were stopped from being made due to the fact that to open them you have to pull the lever to open the door. You can't open the door from inside. People died that way and that is why they stopped making them with those latches. What if he climbed in there and died?! What if the movie is kind of reality up to that point. Then as he suffocates the rest of the story is in his head until he expires?! Because the next scene he wakes up in his bed, correct? Maybe that is the point as to where the story in his head takes place and not in the institution? M. Night Shama-lama twist!!!

MOOK! Go watch it again with the idea that he dies in the fridge! I'll go with you so we can discuss it over sushi afterwards. We'll call it a date! :rofl:

Reactions: DEEZUZ

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
OK I'll even look into other theories online. See how far out there I can take you guys. :rofl:

All I know is that I have stated claims and supported proof. You two just claim "but why?" Not exactly a defense. haha

As I told Spray'n before, this is why I hate things that aren't cut and dry or resolved by the end of the movie. lol But sure makes fun banter and reading of theories.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Why bother showing the Wayne's get gunned down if it's all in his head? Why bother highlighting that him being in the audience for Murray's show in the beginning was clearly a fantasy? Why bother showing that the broad down the hall wasn't actually his GF? None of those scenes make sense if it was all in his head. They show those for the audience. It's not there for the character.

In regards to the girlfriend down the hall. It almost seemed to me like he was fantasying that she was his GF then acted upon it and she didn't know who he was... lol

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
The killing of the Waynes is easy to say that in his delusions he saw Wayne as his father and then he wasn't. So he was mad at them and also Bruce for being something that he thought he had the right to be. The upper-class society that the whole movie is showing anger against. Wayne is all over the tv. The media stoking the fire for stories and ratings. Just like they do today, no? So Wayne is an obvious person for Arthur to focus his hate on. Just like much of Gotham. So is it hard to imagine that someone who feels so slighted by Wayne not wishing they were dead?

Are you really trying to say that something isn't possible in the mind of someone who someone saw fit to send them to an institution? lol Come on now

The part where the masked guy shoots the Waynes - Arthur isn't even there. He didn't witness it. If this is all a fantasy, it's all about HIM killing those people, not some random. The scene was in there FOR THE AUDIENCE.

In regards to the girlfriend down the hall. It almost seemed to me like he was fantasying that she was his GF then acted upon it and she didn't know who he was... lol

That is exactly what happened. My point is that the scene to show that he was fantasizing that part is *totally* unnecessary if the *entire* movie is just in his head.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The whole film it was about him killing himself. It wasn't until he was dying of asphyxiation that the death of the Waynes even comes to be. Maybe as his brain was dying he couldn't make the story long enough to kill them so he thinks of someone else killing Bruce's parents. Making Bruce an orphan. Just like Artur was at one point. In his head or whatever.

And I love how you are trying to apply logic to someone that has a brain that doesn't work in the same way as most people. A brain that makes up stories that it actually believes is the actually reality. No throw on top of it all a lack of oxygen.

That scene is so random that it has to be a reason it was in the movie. And a window in a fridge door? Too random to mean nothing if you ask me. Just say'n.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info