John Stewart takes Congress to pound town

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Congress does have accountability. It's called elections.

It's SO important for Americans to watch our government and vote out the people who don't bother to sit in this and other hearings. Jon Stewart deserves to have people in Congress listen to him regardless of what decisions they make next. Not even listening should mean an automatic trip out of government service after the next election.

The reason there's little accountability in Congress is OUR FAULT.

VenomousDSG

Smells own farts
Reaction score
Would mean more if the speech came from an average Joe instead of a hypocrite grandstander like Stewart...

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Great speech and all, but we all know every single one of those guys sitting in front of him didn't give a single fuck about anything he said. If anything, he helped delay the entire process for opening his millionaire ass mouth.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
I missed this yesterday.

Pretty moving.

fuck congress.

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
This isn't a partisan issue, and it shouldn't matter what side of the aisle you're on or Stewart's on, get these people the help they need. It's a shame that it has been this hard, and that Stewart has to do this

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
so someone fill me in though- it seems like a bill like this passed in 2010- but it's running out of funding now?

is that the deal?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
so someone fill me in though- it seems like a bill like this passed in 2010- but it's running out of funding now?

is that the deal?
Congress allotted $7.4 Billion in 2015 but the money is running out.

Thousands of 1st responders or people who worked in or near the site are included in the health care. Many different types of cancers, GERD, PTSD, etc. The cost of treating them all is higher than expected.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
And the prolonged effects are starting to show up more and more so it’s not like the need is dwindling at all.

b4black

Reaction score
I want to know which congresspeople where not present. List who were the no shows so we know who to vote out.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
The dude is a leftist hack but he's certainly right in this case.

These were guardians of society at the most fundamental level and although their deaths may not be as immediate as many who died when the planes struck many are still being killed slowly by the 19 hijackers and it should be our duty to ensure that they get as much time and comfort as we can.

That said, here's why there were so many empty chairs and who was absent.

Only two members of the committee were absent the entire testimony – Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA) and Rep. Guy Reschenthaler (R-PA). Fox Business noted that the "front row of empty chairs was visible because the full committee doesn’t meet until Wednesday."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom