Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
slow news evening.

Alex Rodriguez and Jennifer Lopez are reportedly working toward becoming owners of the New York Mets.

The couple have retained JPMorgan Chase to raise funds for a possible bid on the beloved baseball team, Variety and the New York Post reported.

Rodriguez, 44, and Lopez, 50, are reportedly working with the JPMorganā€™s co-head of North American media investment banking Eric Menell, Variety reported.

Reps for the couple did not immediately respond to PEOPLEā€™s request for comment.

The potential purchase has been in the works for some time as the Post previously reported that Rodriguez was toying with the idea back in February.

The Mets are currently owned by real estate developer Fred Wilpon.

In December, the Wilpon family announced plans to sell 80 percent of the team to hedge fund manager and philanthropist Steve Cohen, Variety reported.

However, Cohen reportedly ended negotiations with the Wilpons on the purchase in February, the Post reported. The bid was $2.6 billion to buy the team.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I must say. I think that the two of them possibly buying the Mets is a good idea. They are both wealthy and they both are huge baseball fans. I think that is good for any team when owners are due hard fans of the game.
Ricketts were huge fans of the Cubs. They won the world series now becoming concerned about money. Even though they are and have been making money hand over fist since buying the team.

Reactions: guspech750

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
Ricketts were huge fans of the Cubs. They won the world series now becoming concerned about money. Even though they are and have been making money hand over fist since buying the team.

I was thinking the same thing when I read this story.

I would not mind seeing a another New York subway series again but with a different outcome.

Reactions: Shawn1112
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info