TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
giphy.gif

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
He should have been canned 6 months into his tenure. He ruined Ford and the decisions he made are going to live with Ford for a very long time. I’m hoping that Farley injects some quality, design, and doesn’t cut corners (IE build for a price point). The last couple of product launches under Hackett were a disaster.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Interestingly some sites just report it that he's "out", however some are saying he is retiring. Forced retirement?

DEARBORN, Mich., Aug. 4, 2020 – Ford Motor Company today announced that Jim Hackett, who has led the company’s transformation since 2017, plans to retire from the company. Jim Farley has been named the company’s new president and CEO and will join the board of directors, effective Oct. 1.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
About goddamn time. This dude is a perfect example of why the system is broken. Ford paid him $40m+ during his tenure just to run the company in to the ground. The bronco is literally the only thing that's gone well (so far) with him as CEO, but the hardest part is yet to come. They need to execute the launch, not their strong suit.

I mean..the guy invested a BILLION dollars in their chicago plant and still totally fubar'd the new explorer launch. Come on. Nobody in their right mind would invest a billion dollars in to a manufacturing facility on the south side of chicago

Reactions: nytebyte
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info