Jim Hackett Out As Ford CEO After Three Years

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Yea, can't say I didn't see that one coming. Some of the decisions he made signed his death.

jason05gt

Reaction score
He should have been canned 6 months into his tenure. He ruined Ford and the decisions he made are going to live with Ford for a very long time. I’m hoping that Farley injects some quality, design, and doesn’t cut corners (IE build for a price point). The last couple of product launches under Hackett were a disaster.

SpeedSpeak2me

Donating Member
Reaction score
Interestingly some sites just report it that he's "out", however some are saying he is retiring. Forced retirement?

DEARBORN, Mich., Aug. 4, 2020 – Ford Motor Company today announced that Jim Hackett, who has led the company’s transformation since 2017, plans to retire from the company. Jim Farley has been named the company’s new president and CEO and will join the board of directors, effective Oct. 1.

Intel

Reaction score
Looking good for a lot of ford stock bought at the bottom. Keep on turning things around ford.

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
About goddamn time. This dude is a perfect example of why the system is broken. Ford paid him $40m+ during his tenure just to run the company in to the ground. The bronco is literally the only thing that's gone well (so far) with him as CEO, but the hardest part is yet to come. They need to execute the launch, not their strong suit.

I mean..the guy invested a BILLION dollars in their chicago plant and still totally fubar'd the new explorer launch. Come on. Nobody in their right mind would invest a billion dollars in to a manufacturing facility on the south side of chicago

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
Hackett... The guy who decided that Ford (a car company) should not make cars.
Everyone in the world thought it was nuts but him.
:gtfo:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom