daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Is anyone else obsessed?
I find myself getting a bucket of honey wings probably at least once a week and then again on Monday when I pick up an eight piece for lunch because it's cheap chicken Monday.

giphy.gif

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I don't know. The Wiki page for Jewel is hard to follow. lol So maybe Albertsons & Jewel do not have the same parent companies any more? More than I really care to take an in-depth look into. haha

Albertsons acquired American Stores' holdings, including Jewel and Jewel-Osco stores, in 1999.[55][62]

Seven years later, parent company Albertsons and its stores would be taken over by two separate groups. On May 30, 2006, shareholders approved the break-up of Albertsons. All Jewel-Osco and Jewel Food Stores outside of Springfield, Illinois were now wholly owned by SuperValu. The Springfield stores were acquired by an investment group led by Cerberus Capital Management. Both of those have since been sold to Niemann Foods, an independent operator of grocery stores, supermarkets and convenience stores in Central Illinois which now operates them under the County Market brand. All free-standing Osco drugstores are now owned by CVS Pharmacy. The Osco name is still used for pharmacies within Albertsons, Jewel, Star Market and Shaw's.

In 2008, the headquarters for the Illinois-based Jewel-Osco division was moved from Melrose Park to Itasca.[68]

TODAY
On January 10, 2013, SuperValu announced the sale of Jewel food stores to Cerberus Capital Management in a $3.3 billion deal.[83][84] The deal closed on March 21, 2013.[85]

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info