Jet Hot Coating or Header Wrap

GG Allin

Reaction score
Any opinions for or against either? I've got heat issues near my starter. Before installing the headers I wrapped the two pipes nearest to the starter. After a little use I can see that heat is having an affect on the wiring. Does anyone local do coating like Jet Hot? I'd buy wrap and wrap them but that seems like something you need to be good at to get right.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
wrapping them is really easy, I like the titanium wrap you dont need to soak it in water

GOON

Reaction score

LO-KO PERFORMANCE COATINGS

708-424-7863

5340 W. 111th St., Ste. 7
Oak Lawn, IL, USA** 60453

CCPcoatings

Reaction score
Ceramic Coating vs Header Wrap.

Any opinions for or against either? I've got heat issues near my starter. Before installing the headers I wrapped the two pipes nearest to the starter. After a little use I can see that heat is having an affect on the wiring. Does anyone local do coating like Jet Hot? I'd buy wrap and wrap them but that seems like something you need to be good at to get right.
Both wrap and ceramic work well, but don't wrap a mild steel header without coating it first. It doesn't take long to rust out a wrapped mild steel header due to retained moisture / condensation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom