Jet Boats

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
pontoon 2 expensive to go "fast". Even though I "cruise" in the PQ at 30mph it would take a decent outboard to go that fast economically in a toon.

wait

what are you even trying to say :rofl:

go that fast economically?

are you trying to say that your powerquest at 30mph is more efficient than a 135 or so hp tritoon at 30mph ? :rofl:

doubtful.

Brands?

looking at a new(er) 4-stroke 22ft tritoon this weekend with a 115 yamaha. Should go "ok" since it isn't as long or heavy as current toon but need to go and see what the deal is.

youre serious?

:rofl:

you've seen me at the boat show selling them :rofl:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
wait

what are you even trying to say :rofl:

go that fast economically?

are you trying to say that your powerquest at 30mph is more efficient than a 135 or so hp tritoon at 30mph ? :rofl:

doubtful.

youre serious?

:rofl:

you've seen me at the boat show selling them :rofl:

I am saying going "fast" in a pontoon boat costs 2 much money. Id be fine with something that does 30mph but unfortunately that is nearly WOT unless you got a big HP outboard.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I am saying going "fast" in a pontoon boat costs 2 much money. Id be fine with something that does 30mph but unfortunately that is nearly WOT unless you got a big HP outboard.

this makes no sense.

dollar for dollar, new boat vs new boat, for top speed, if that's what you want, you are going to go faster, cheaper, on a pontoon.

you can do a 22-24' benny with a 250hp on it for around 60-70k. that will do over 50 in the right layout.

to get 50+mph in fiberglass in something that is similar sized, that holds a similar amount of people, new, you are going to spend more than that without a doubt.

unless you go BRP powered jet boat, but, we all know your stance on those. and even then, you'll be spending 65k to get one with bigger twins around 23' long

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
this makes no sense.

dollar for dollar, new boat vs new boat, for top speed, if that's what you want, you are going to go faster, cheaper, on a pontoon.

you can do a 22-24' benny with a 250hp on it for around 60-70k. that will do over 50 in the right layout.

to get 50+mph in fiberglass in something that is similar sized, that holds a similar amount of people, new, you are going to spend more than that without a doubt.

unless you go BRP powered jet boat, but, we all know your stance on those. and even then, you'll be spending 65k to get one with bigger twins around 23' long

Like I said...

Going fast on a pontoon boat costs 2 much money.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Not sure what you guys are arguing out but I will stick to saying a pontoon is 2 much money togo fast.

But its ok KJ won't agree with me so he has to throw in the new vs new, simular size, same capacity, cards. Yeah sure a floor with some toons and a outboard is going to be cheaper then a powerboat and hold more people. But if speed is what you are looking for buying a pontoon is NOT the answer.

who the hell buys new boats anyway? No one talking in this thread.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
ok, so if "speed is what i'm looking for" what do you buy new then pandaman?!

enlighten us! :rofl:

I don't buy new. But Jared said no need for bowrider (PQ) buy newer 4 stroke pontoon and be done.

It just would cost me way 2 much money for the same speed in a pontoon. Need faster PQ for when I rip up to the chain. Need slow toon for creepin lower river.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
that's what boats cost! Go find the modern equivalent of what the PQ is and price it out. Look how much any boat costs that's not a 17' 4cyl bayliner.

a 4 stroke toon that cruises around 30 would be the perfect boat at a reasonable price.

Formula 240 bowrider 6.2L V8 $113K :io:

I agree 115/150HP

Anything else you start getting into big money.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info