🔧 BUILD Jeff's Cookie Cutter Kitty and Porsche Killer Mustang GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
The guy before had them powder coated from Billet Specialties. I actually saw them last winter when he first got them in as I was picking up a spare set of rear brakes to have painted. Told him I wanted them then and he just ordered a set of Belaks, so he had them listed. Started out at $4k and when he pm’d me saying he’d take $2,500, I sent him the cash right away...lol.

Those other weight reduction mods aren’t going to happen till next winter probably. It’s about $3k just for those three upgrades alone. MIGHT do the driveshaft this year and also a smaller front skinny that’ll remove another 7-8pbs each.

BELAKS

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Jeffs FRC

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Me too! Wasn’t really looking to do the wheels, but I saw these a year ago when the original owner got them and he put them up for a smoking deal that I couldn’t refuse.

From here on out I’d like to concentrate on pulling some weight out of this car. These are the big ticket items:
Antigravity battery setup -25lbs
Aluminum driveshaft -20lbs
Steeda K member -50lbs

Looking good, i was wondering why you were selling your track set lol. I really like the Billet Specialties, getting a set for the 94 once i know the rear size i can fit. Just as a heads up, BMR has a K member being released in another week that keeps the sway bar and works with Magneride, but that is inside I info I got a few weeks ago. It will also be significantly cheaper then Steeda's, but can't tell you price as it wasn't concrete. That is the only reason I didn't throw the drag k member on my car, I have Magneride and the new one also has those mounts.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Looking good, i was wondering why you were selling your track set lol. I really like the Billet Specialties, getting a set for the 94 once i know the rear size i can fit. Just as a heads up, BMR has a K member being released in another week that keeps the sway bar and works with Magneride, but that is inside I info I got a few weeks ago. It will also be significantly cheaper then Steeda's, but can't tell you price as it wasn't concrete. That is the only reason I didn't throw the drag k member on my car, I have Magneride and the new one also has those mounts.
Seriously I was wondering if BMR would ever release a street version for the S550! The Steeda piece is like $1,300. Thanks for the heads up. Also, guess who will be installing my K member as there is no way I’m doing that in my garage on stands...lol

Also while you’re here, where did you get your battery mount for the Antigravity? Doesn’t seem like they’re available anymore. Antigravity sells a universal mount that looked like it’d be easy enough to install inside the factory battery box...

• Haha
Reactions: 01bluesnake

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Seriously I was wondering if BMR would ever release a street version for the S550! The Steeda piece is like $1,300. Thanks for the heads up. Also, guess who will be installing my K member as there is no way I’m doing that in my garage on stands...lol

Also while you’re here, where did you get your battery mount for the Antigravity? Doesn’t seem like they’re available anymore. Antigravity sells a universal mount that looked like it’d be easy enough to install inside the factory battery box...

Your welcome. Yeah, its not a fun job, but I'm use to doing them lol. Morris engineering is where I got it. They were out of stock last I seen, but he may of got them back in. I emailed him before when they were out of stock and got one in for another customer as well.

Dave M

TCG Elite Member
Aug 28, 2015
Gurnee
Real Name
Morefield
Walk outside today then compare the temp in az lol
Careful what you wish for... I'm from AZ, lived there most of my life and the summers are getting longer and hotter every year in the PHX metro area, in fact the last summer I was there in 2011 we had 45 days straight of 115 degrees or hotter. While I'm not a fan of today's weather in Chicagoland, I do enjoy not having $600 monthly electric bills anymore, replacing wiper blades every 3 months, batteries every year, and tires long before you wear them out. Plus it's basically become Eastern Kalifornia now, and it is already plagued with horrible traffic, shitty gas, and skyrocketing home prices that aren't commiserate with the wages. It was a MUCH better place to live in the 80's and 90's.

BOTTLEFED

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 7, 2015
Careful what you wish for... I'm from AZ, lived there most of my life and the summers are getting longer and hotter every year in the PHX metro area, in fact the last summer I was there in 2011 we had 45 days straight of 115 degrees or hotter. While I'm not a fan of today's weather in Chicagoland, I do enjoy not having $600 monthly electric bills anymore, replacing wiper blades every 3 months, batteries every year, and tires long before you wear them out. Plus it's basically become Eastern Kalifornia now, and it is already plagued with horrible traffic, shitty gas, and skyrocketing home prices that aren't commiserate with the wages. It was a MUCH better place to live in the 80's and 90's.
Yea there is a definite trade off for certain things,im the opposite of you I've lived here all my life and am sick of the cold! Lol, for me I'd rather have it hot than cold. We are looking in the queen creek area,and gilbert. I will definitely make sure it's 100% for me before I do anything

Reactions: cdh027

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Yea there is a definite trade off for certain things,im the opposite of you I've lived here all my life and am sick of the cold! Lol, for me I'd rather have it hot than cold. We are looking in the queen creek area,and gilbert. I will definitely make sure it's 100% for me before I do anything

My cousin just moved to Gilbert and my parents live in surprise az and they all seem to not miss the winter. Good luck joe on your move

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
So I saw a sneak peak on Facefuck a few days back about the new BMR K-member. Still dont see any weight savings or pricing. You have any info?

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Get a UPR tin foil K-Member for maximum weight savings Jeff.
Gonna have to wait for UPR to copy either the Steeda or BMR unit first...lol
Reached out to Dion at BMR earlier, looks like it's a 23lb drop from stock.
Damn was hoping it would be more. I knew it wouldn't be as much as the drag unit, but this is A LOT less. Thinking the street version isn't going to be worth the cost and I'm not willing to do the drag version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info