🔧 BUILD Jeff's Cookie Cutter Kitty and Porsche Killer Mustang GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
I want to see what your thoughts are on the clutch after you beat it up with some track passes. That’s where the RXT seems to shine and last.
I'm hoping I can get the clutch broken in, in time for the track day in the spring. There's a couple guys on the FB stick shift Coyote page with this clutch making very similar power to me and they're saying it can take a beating so thats promising.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Storage = car cover installed & battery tender clipped on? lol

Get out and drive...
Car is in a storage unit. Cover on and battery is on a tender in my basement. Insurance is only comprehensive right now as well.
@Mooks gonna want car pics with Christmas backgrounds anyway.
Alyssa's Pacifica loaded with xmas presents will have to do! lol

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Yaj Yak Yaj Yak working his magic :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

giphy.gif

Reactions: Jon01 and 1quick

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Hopefully this snow melts sometime in March cause I’ve got some work to do!

I ended up going with the Cervinis gt500 style hood. Will need to make an appointment with the body shop...

Bought a Sync 2 to Sync 3 conversion that I wasn’t planning on, but super excited to get rid of the clunky Sync 2 and get CarPlay.

Lighting upgrades: Raxiom led halo fogs, Diode Dynamics sequential turn signals, Diode Dynamics sequential led DRL’s(will need to open up headlights for this), and eBay led rear marker lights.

BMR front and rear bumper supports. Will remove 21lbs.

Scored a sweet ON3 billet coolant tank from a guy that bought the turbo kit and never used it. I’ve been bugging ON3 about these and they kept telling me maybe this summer they’ll have some to sell to the public so I’m super happy I found one for sale!

Also sold my VMS drag setup and bought a pretty sweet set of Billet Specialties Win Lites. Rear bead locks. Pretty cool custom powder coat that’ll look great on my color. These wheels are a good bit lighter than my VMS too. Check out the weight comparison! Both sets have exact same tires
54E570CA-5CC4-4C9F-9423-5215FCF3CBE2.jpeg

69E9EA11-5141-4B79-BED6-F830E077C2AC.jpeg

3571E4FF-91A3-4250-94DD-8F57ECEDA58A.jpeg

9BF8A2C0-D71B-40D7-BA99-E1192954D062.jpeg

88ABA08C-F765-4063-AC5D-575FC356F219.jpeg

C193D763-2B9E-4A7D-99BC-9568C0D175FF.jpeg

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Nice job on the wheels, can’t wait to see the hood
Me too! Wasn’t really looking to do the wheels, but I saw these a year ago when the original owner got them and he put them up for a smoking deal that I couldn’t refuse.

From here on out I’d like to concentrate on pulling some weight out of this car. These are the big ticket items:
Antigravity battery setup -25lbs
Aluminum driveshaft -20lbs
Steeda K member -50lbs

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Me too! Wasn’t really looking to do the wheels, but I saw these a year ago when the original owner got them and he put them up for a smoking deal that I couldn’t refuse.

From here on out I’d like to concentrate on pulling some weight out of this car. These are the big ticket items:
Antigravity battery setup -25lbs
Aluminum driveshaft -20lbs
Steeda K member -50lbs
I’m the same way, can’t ever pass up a killer deal even if I’m not currently looking for said item.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Wheels look awesome and that is some great weight savings. Did you just have them powder coated or they guy that you bought them from powder coated them?

Definitely going to need land at the strip, lots of land I would say a car length for every pound saved by weight reduction mOdZ.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Wheels look awesome and that is some great weight savings. Did you just have them powder coated or they guy that you bought them from powder coated them?

Definitely going to need land at the strip, lots of land I would say a car length for every pound saved by weight reduction mOdZ.
The guy before had them powder coated from Billet Specialties. I actually saw them last winter when he first got them in as I was picking up a spare set of rear brakes to have painted. Told him I wanted them then and he just ordered a set of Belaks, so he had them listed. Started out at $4k and when he pm’d me saying he’d take $2,500, I sent him the cash right away...lol.

Those other weight reduction mods aren’t going to happen till next winter probably. It’s about $3k just for those three upgrades alone. MIGHT do the driveshaft this year and also a smaller front skinny that’ll remove another 7-8pbs each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info