🔧 BUILD Jeff's 2005 Jew Canoe - 2005 2wd 5.3 EscaLAAAADE

General Information

[chapter]The Canoe Arrives[/chapter]
Sure it's got 170k on it.
But it came from Florida, and it's a 5.3 2wd
Clean clean clean! Mmm

Plans? Remember all those parts I had for blue balls? Welllllll they'll end up in this here Essssalade.

IMG_20190227_140510.jpegIMG_20190227_140518.jpegIMG_20190227_140527.jpegIMG_20190227_140536.jpeg

[chapter]Elite Sound System Installed[/chapter]

[chapter]Kind of lowered[/chapter]

[chapter]So I made an exhaust[/chapter]

[chapter]Lowered a bit more[/chapter]

[chapter]New Rims[/chapter]

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
With my torsion key bolts all the way out the bars weren’t super tight once the control arm was loose from the spindle. I just did ball joints though not arms.
when he droped them off my stomach sank a little bit. lol
ive fought and fought with popping the bars out of others before. i hope that this doesnt fight me as its cleaner than the others ive delt with.

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
when he droped them off my stomach sank a little bit. lol
ive fought and fought with popping the bars out of others before. i hope that this doesnt fight me as its cleaner than the others ive delt with.

The best thing I have found for popping stuck bars is a big mf air hammer.
I used to battle them on Mopars, I upgraded my air hammer to one of these:

It worked great for the project and also made pulling torsion bars a much less painless process.
Squirt, drink beer, Brap Brap Brap it's usually out.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
The best thing I have found for popping stuck bars is a big mf air hammer.
I used to battle them on Mopars, I upgraded my air hammer to one of these:

It worked great for the project and also made pulling torsion bars a much less painless process.
Squirt, drink beer, Brap Brap Brap it's usually out.
I got one of dem. As Maurry says "we gonna find out!"

Reactions: Jon01

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Got the spindles on today. Figure that's the way to go.. just to get to the Firestone for that $159 "lifetime" alignment, before my coupon expires.

Also took the pucks out of the rear springs and the axle seems to sit very center opposed to needing the adjustable panhard bar... But I have it... So eventually I'll do that as well..

I'm still playing with ride height on the front, I'm about a quarter inch off low to the driver side for some reason, so I am playing with the torsion bar adjustment but wanted to drive it tonight I got it that close now. Going to measure it again on flat ground tomorrow.

PXL_20211221_002249016.jpg

PXL_20211221_002339934.jpg

And yeah, I'll take better pictures as well.

Carl@Redline

El Experto De Transmiciones
TCG Sponsor
Oct 21, 2019
Batavia
Real Name
Carl
Got the spindles on today. Figure that's the way to go.. just to get to the Firestone for that $159 "lifetime" alignment, before my coupon expires.

Also took the pucks out of the rear springs and the axle seems to sit very center opposed to needing the adjustable panhard bar... But I have it... So eventually I'll do that as well..

I'm still playing with ride height on the front, I'm about a quarter inch off low to the driver side for some reason, so I am playing with the torsion bar adjustment but wanted to drive it tonight I got it that close now. Going to measure it again on flat ground tomorrow.

View attachment 107753
View attachment 107754

And yeah, I'll take better pictures as well.
WHAT BRAND OF POTATO DID YOU TAKE THESE WITH?

Thread Info