🔧 BUILD Jeff's 2005 Jew Canoe - 2005 2wd 5.3 EscaLAAAADE

General Information

[chapter]The Canoe Arrives[/chapter]
Sure it's got 170k on it.
But it came from Florida, and it's a 5.3 2wd
Clean clean clean! Mmm

Plans? Remember all those parts I had for blue balls? Welllllll they'll end up in this here Essssalade.

IMG_20190227_140510.jpegIMG_20190227_140518.jpegIMG_20190227_140527.jpegIMG_20190227_140536.jpeg

[chapter]Elite Sound System Installed[/chapter]

[chapter]Kind of lowered[/chapter]

[chapter]So I made an exhaust[/chapter]

[chapter]Lowered a bit more[/chapter]

[chapter]New Rims[/chapter]

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
For some reason I thought all GMT800 Escalades came with 6.0's....?

I know all Yukon Denali's did?

The AWDs all did. Mine's an AWD. I need to drop the fucking trans in it still too, and am not looking forward to it.

Looks clean, should be a good one. That said mine had a few er annoyances along the way but was a nice tow vehicle overall.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
The AWDs all did. Mine's an AWD. I need to drop the fucking trans in it still too, and am not looking forward to it.

Looks clean, should be a good one. That said mine had a few er annoyances along the way but was a nice tow vehicle overall.
right. the awd's had the lq9.
i believe it was an option on the 2wd models, but vvery rare.

i have a few annoyances also. the seats arnt in the best shape, but not torn.
- my drivers side heated seats randomly turn on and shut off on their own(i unplugged the element harness, but the relays still clicks around)
- there is a humming noise at times from something in the back......no clue on that. my music is usually too loud.
- the autoride shocks are junk, waiting until i get the lowering parts on it to buy shocks, and bypass the "service suspension" light

little by little ill fuck with the issues. probably more so, when i park it for the winter

Reactions: Yaj Yak

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
got it tuned yesterday :cool:

nothing crazy, just added some timing, decreased the torque management, and moved where power enrichment comes in.
anddddd most importantly, shift timing and EPC pressure...
it does better burnouts now and shifts like it should.

Who tuned it? I know a tune would wake mine up, the PE and torque management kill this thing.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
He's still a buddy after all the bullshit? Surprised.

never did any of us wrong... ive heard what people said, ive also heard his side of things on a few cases..
ive probably know him for 20+ years........

That dude is still around.

I have been talking about getting the Tahoe tuned but I don't think it would be worth it because I would probably have to run premium.

a questions i had for him actually, he said not an issue. unless you wanted a dedicated high timing table written

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
never did any of us wrong... ive heard what people said, ive also heard his side of things on a few cases..
ive probably know him for 20+ years........

a questions i had for him actually, he said not an issue. unless you wanted a dedicated high timing table written

I just want better gas mileage.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
I just want better gas mileage.
it probably wont do much of anything. but make it funer to drive.....

i basically average 13.5-15 around town and 18 on hwy being very nice to her. (according to the lie-o-meter)

but if mileage is your concern, tehre are tricks he could do.
i was able to squeeze 20 even out of the TBSS on the hwy being nice. and that turd was awd too.

and remind me, what year is your Hoe? do you have electric fans?

Reactions: PANDA

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods

i basically average 13.5-15 around town and 18 on hwy being very nice to her. (according to the lie-o-meter)

i was able to squeeze 20 even out of the TBSS on the hwy being nice. and that turd was awd too.

I would have Speed INC tune it.

04 AWD 5.3.
stock non efans
air raid intake tube and filter

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)

Guessing an efan on one of these is a good retrofit by that inference. Reading about the swap there's one saying you need the later (wider) radiator to bolt the fan in? Also, do you need to do code on the box or can you just add pins and relays and go?

Last edited:

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
broke a TPMS sensor. you know the aluminum ones... but the wheels are peeling, and the tires are junky.
probs just finna gonna slap a regular ass valve stem in it, and search for some 17s at the junk yard until i find a deal on nice wheels.
i refuse to pay 1000+ for a set that have used 50% tires and curbrashed wheels. its fucking insane..

but. i did score a set of rear drop springs for $20 from a dude on facebook market place! :cool:

Thread Info