🔧 BUILD Jeff's Cookie Cutter Kitty and Porsche Killer Mustang GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
The sound tube mod just makes it louder inside the car right? I have no problem hearing my blower inside it screams, just the exhaust is so loud no one else can here it lol
With the windows up I can hear it slightly. And yea the sound tube just makes it louder inside.
An open air box would probably make that whipple sing a song non stop
Id rather keep the box closed to keep temps down as much as possible.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I doubt you would see much of a temperature difference when the car is moving, that was my first mod taking the lid off the roush box, switching to a bigger throttle body and air intake is probably a massive gain on that whipple

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Just an update, I think the E85 tune is finally perfect. First was having cold start idle problems, then warm start, and then when I did a couple pulls with [MENTION=11885]BOTTLEFED[/MENTION] it felt like I was losing some power between shifts. Did a datalog and sure enough was getting a little knock after shifts. Was only about 1-1.5* when I logged, but even that pull felt better than what was happening when we went to Mexico. The car did recover quickly from the slight knock, but I could still feel it.

Finally was able to load the last revision Rob sent and go out last night for a 2-3-4 wot pull and car felt great! Zero knock. Warm start is perfect now too.

Car is running so good I asked Rob how he felt about going one more pulley size down...lol

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
So time for rematch now ?[emoji41][emoji16]
Yea I'm down. Like I said, our cars should be similar in power and you weigh less so I would bet you'd pull me if we get a clean run in.

Rob did just give me the green light to pulley down a size though...lol

Surprised you were getting any knock on E85.... Was it false?
I guarantee it was false knock. Only happened on hard shifts and the car recovered extremely quick after the shift. I'm sure my tuner just desensitized the knock sensors because all is good now.
I think most of the blower coyotes get false knock, the tuners started knocking down the sensitivity of the sensors for most people
Yea it seems to be super common. I didn't even notice it until going all out and I think mine wasn't as bad as most guys. Some guys that get the false knock it seems to ruin an entire run and not get back to max timing. My car was just a brief moment after shifts then went right back to max timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info