🔧 BUILD Jeff's Cookie Cutter Kitty and Porsche Killer Mustang GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Isnt PBD doing HPtuners now?

I dont think SCT allowed the 2nd gear launches in the 10R80s like HPT does and I beleive Lund has always been HPT with the N device right?

I debated on sending my SCT off to be unlocked from the yellow car and use it again but if I cant get the 2nd gear launch with SCT I might as well switch to HPT and Ngauge too.

Good to hear the issue you had sounds like its taken care of now too!

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Lund nGauge is different than HP Tuners nGauge (from a software standpoint I believe). Lund has their own tuning strategy. Like HPT can do the transbrake with a tune, but Lund can't - Lund uses a relay board.

I wonder why they do it that way.

From a firmware standpoint, there's no such limitation there for Lund. There are small feature differences between the two but the main difference is the theme. And there's the procedural difference where with HPT you have to read out a stock file to modify (so you're Strategy-locked) whereas Lund uses their own.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
I’ve become fluent in sct fuckery I’m going on 6 years now only using them since most coyote tuners prefer sct, I think most have started to do a lot of hp tuners now as well
Yea when I bought the tuner I dont think PBD was doing anything with HP, but now they definitely are. Oh well it seems like the thing is working now though so that's good. I didnt even start the car after I loaded the base tune. Had to get ready for family stuff and just got home now. I'll do a log after work tomorrow and send it out.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Yea when I bought the tuner I dont think PBD was doing anything with HP, but now they definitely are. Oh well it seems like the thing is working now though so that's good. I didnt even start the car after I loaded the base tune. Had to get ready for family stuff and just got home now. I'll do a log after work tomorrow and send it out.

See if they still do remote appointments they give you like a 2 hour window to do logs and can knock out most of a tune in a couple hours it only takes them a few revisions and it’s spot on normally

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
See if they still do remote appointments they give you like a 2 hour window to do logs and can knock out most of a tune in a couple hours it only takes them a few revisions and it’s spot on normally

I'm assuming they will be able to get my car dialed in with a few logs. If I can be dialed on 93 by next weekend I'd be happy with that.

I'm gonna fill my truck up with E85 at a couple local stations starting next week and I'll bring my gallon container with so I can test.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Fucking rain! Was gonna get a log in and now that's not gonna happen. Car did fire right up and idled really nice and smooth no lights on. They do so many of these that I bet itll only take a couple logs. He had me set base fuel pressure at 50psi key on engine off.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Don't you work from like 9 till 3? You had plenty of time.

:rofl:

Ya, their base tunes are probably pretty close with stock engine configurations. I'm sure they will have it tuned quickly unless you have some mechanical issues or weird anomalies.

Do you plan to put it on a dyno for giggles and FB video cred?

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Fucking rain! Was gonna get a log in and now that's not gonna happen. Car did fire right up and idled really nice and smooth no lights on. They do so many of these that I bet itll only take a couple logs. He had me set base fuel pressure at 50psi key on engine off.

Yeah I set mine around that with the vacuum line disconnected then hooked it up

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Don't you work from like 9 till 3? You had plenty of time.

:rofl:

Ya, their base tunes are probably pretty close with stock engine configurations. I'm sure they will have it tuned quickly unless you have some mechanical issues or weird anomalies.

Do you plan to put it on a dyno for giggles and FB video cred?

Shit! I'm up at 4:30 every day and at work by 6.

Yea I actually did have time but I pulled the car out to wash it and then clean garage after work with the idea that I'd let traffic die down. Soon as I got done washing car the rain rolled in.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
So you work 6 till noon? I still don't see why this wasn't done. haha

Luckily it looks like you should have no problems knocking out logs.

Do this thing going on a dyno or what? I wanna see some numbers from this Whipple set-on-kill set up. lol
Usually work till 2:30 or so and home by 3-3:30.

I'll eventually put it on a dyno but in no rush.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Little update...tuning is done! 93 took 1 revision and the E85 tune didnt need a revision although the cold start is kind of shitty so just sent a log of that so I'm sure I'll get a revision today. Car is pretty crazy on E85 and PBD has been great to deal with.

Also got some new billet coil pieces to show up those dildos in 03/04 Cobras with their TERMINATOR radiator covers...haha

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Reupload to imgur or something not PB.

Also, awesome man. E85 is awesome. Definitely get your idle / cold start worked out....it seems like a problem for ALL tuners for all platforms....they dont put the time in to smoothing it out. I got lucky with the Evo b/c we street tuned the shit out of it, but it was a problem with the Supra once in awhile.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Looks great man! Gotta love that supercharger whine :bigthumb:
Cant even hear it! Lol
Reupload to imgur or something not PB.

Also, awesome man. E85 is awesome. Definitely get your idle / cold start worked out....it seems like a problem for ALL tuners for all platforms....they dont put the time in to smoothing it out. I got lucky with the Evo b/c we street tuned the shit out of it, but it was a problem with the Supra once in awhile.
Does photobucket not work or something? I had imgur and didnt like it. Photobucket is just easy to use...

PBD already sent me a revision for the E85 idle. And the actual one revision for the 93 tune was for a rough cold start as well and the revision he sent completely fixed it. I have faith he'll get it dialed in these guys do a shit ton of whipple coyote cars.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
That sucks man! Are most new blowers quiet nowadays ?

Just adding a CAI to a Terminator made the blower whine louder. And a smaller pulley and Dyno tune of course.

I think the Kenne Bell blowers were loud too.

In the stock form pretty much all the new blowers are quiet, mine has a jlt intake and the smallest pulley you can fit over the snout and at the track you can only hear exhaust, out in the country where there’s less for the exhaust sound to bounce off of you can here the blower wine pretty loud though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info