🔧 BUILD Jeff's Cookie Cutter Kitty and Porsche Killer Mustang GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Good to hear about Shaun being close.

I hope that is the case. Seeing as the engineers had to drop the hood line to help aerodynamics it messes up using the CJ intake with out a cowl hood. I don't want to drop the motor mounts and have issues with header clearance and alignment. But seems guys have used the 3/4" motor mounts and still had to cut the underside bracing on the stock hood. So come on FRPP, get your ass moving on a intake manifold for these cars. haha

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
It took them a while to get the CJ out too. Then they had the intake and no cold air kit to fit it. Good planning on that one! haha

The 2011 GT came out in late 2010. I had one of the first CJ manifolds and I got it in August of 2013. So I hope with that intake design and testing means FRPP will get a S550 intake out quicker. :fingerscrossed:

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Is the GT350 intake an option yet on the 15 and 16 GT? A Ford engineer told me that the GT350 intake outperforms the CJ.

I haven't heard anything about that yet. The only real parts I've heard about are some interior parts like steering wheel and shift knob.

I bet the 350 manifold will outperform the CJ. That 350 mani has to be able to breathe well above 8,000 rpm

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Is the GT350 intake an option yet on the 15 and 16 GT? A Ford engineer told me that the GT350 intake outperforms the CJ.

I know the stock 2015 GT intake outflows the 2011-14 GT intake. I thought I read it out flowed the Boss intake as well. I don't doubt that a GT350 intake could out flows the CJ intake as well.

Ford can't even get the GT350 ready to delivered to dealers. lmao They are past schedule by over a month. I have read guys have made their first car payment and Ford still has not delivered any of then to owners dealers. So getting an GT350 intake over the counter may take a while.

It will be interesting to see if the GT350 ports line up with the Coyote ports. That might be a concern. Also interested to see a shootout between a CJ and GT350 intake. The CJ most likely has shorter runners. This may move the powerband higher in the RPM range.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Yeah wtf is taking so long! Lol

I'd be ok with chopping some bracing out of the hood, but really don't want to drop the motor with mounts.

It isn't bad at all.

fin3_zpsmsafmbtp.jpg

fin1_zpsoyhumlj9.jpg

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
It will be interesting to see if the GT350 ports line up with the Coyote ports. That might be a concern. Also interested to see a shootout between a CJ and GT350 intake. The CJ most likely has shorter runners. This may move the powerband higher in the RPM range.
Yeah, that was one thing I was wondering about was if it would even bolt up to the coyote heads.
It isn't bad at all.

fin3_zpsmsafmbtp.jpg

fin1_zpsoyhumlj9.jpg
F that! If I'm gonna bother with an intake swap, it's gonna be CJ.
Gt350 is not an option, ports on the heads are bigger. Will need gt350 heads.

Really!? Have a link?

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Also, it doesn't seem like the tuners have these engines completely figured out yet. The few results I've seen for Boss and CJ intakes on the 15+ cars have been a touch disappointing. With bigger cams you'd think a Boss or CJ setup would make awesome power.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Pictures were to show the cut frame. Not to try and get you to do a Boss intake. CJ intake would require the same cuts in the hood.

Come on now! I know you got too much dat union OT money to buy a boss. You funny brah!

I thought the CJ sat a touch higher than the Boss? Figured it would have required mounts and cutting the hood...

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Also, it doesn't seem like the tuners have these engines completely figured out yet. The few results I've seen for Boss and CJ intakes on the 15+ cars have been a touch disappointing. With bigger cams you'd think a Boss or CJ setup would make awesome power.

Agreed. There are not even that many threads on Mustang6g showing guys with tune on stock intake cars. And the ET list is pathetic. So many young noobs who have no clue that a stock tire isn't gonna yield good ET or be consistent. :facepalm:

Hopefully as these cars get developed more by parts companies and tuners we will see more out of them.

I thought the CJ sat a touch higher than the Boss? Figured it would have required mounts and cutting the hood...

Not really. Maybe a 1/4" or so. Their top covers are shaped different. So hard to say for sure. Hopefully someone will bolt a CJ intake on a stock hood car soon and let everyone know the details. All I know is I am not going to be the person doing it. lmao

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Agreed. There are not even that many threads on Mustang6g showing guys with tune on stock intake cars. And the ET list is pathetic. So many young noobs who have no clue that a stock tire isn't gonna yield good ET or be consistent. :facepalm:

Hopefully as these cars get developed more by parts companies and tuners we will see more out of them.

Not really. Maybe a 1/4" or so. Their top covers are shaped different. So hard to say for sure. Hopefully someone will bolt a CJ intake on a stock hood car soon and let everyone know the details. All I know is I am not going to be the person doing it. lmao

Calling [MENTION=10052]kallo07[/MENTION] to step up and be our guinea pig! What are you gonna do for intake Eddie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info