• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Drag to reposition cover

Jeffs 15 Mustang GT

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
The sound tube mod just makes it louder inside the car right? I have no problem hearing my blower inside it screams, just the exhaust is so loud no one else can here it lol

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
An open air box would probably make that whipple sing a song non stop

Jeffs FRC

Reaction score
The sound tube mod just makes it louder inside the car right? I have no problem hearing my blower inside it screams, just the exhaust is so loud no one else can here it lol
With the windows up I can hear it slightly. And yea the sound tube just makes it louder inside.
An open air box would probably make that whipple sing a song non stop
Id rather keep the box closed to keep temps down as much as possible.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
I doubt you would see much of a temperature difference when the car is moving, that was my first mod taking the lid off the roush box, switching to a bigger throttle body and air intake is probably a massive gain on that whipple

Jeffs FRC

Reaction score
Just an update, I think the E85 tune is finally perfect. First was having cold start idle problems, then warm start, and then when I did a couple pulls with [MENTION=11885]BOTTLEFED[/MENTION] it felt like I was losing some power between shifts. Did a datalog and sure enough was getting a little knock after shifts. Was only about 1-1.5* when I logged, but even that pull felt better than what was happening when we went to Mexico. The car did recover quickly from the slight knock, but I could still feel it.

Finally was able to load the last revision Rob sent and go out last night for a 2-3-4 wot pull and car felt great! Zero knock. Warm start is perfect now too.

Car is running so good I asked Rob how he felt about going one more pulley size down...lol

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Surprised you were getting any knock on E85.... Was it false?

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
I think most of the blower coyotes get false knock, the tuners started knocking down the sensitivity of the sensors for most people

Jeffs FRC

Reaction score
So time for rematch now ?
Yea I'm down. Like I said, our cars should be similar in power and you weigh less so I would bet you'd pull me if we get a clean run in.

Rob did just give me the green light to pulley down a size though...lol

I guarantee it was false knock. Only happened on hard shifts and the car recovered extremely quick after the shift. I'm sure my tuner just desensitized the knock sensors because all is good now.
I think most of the blower coyotes get false knock, the tuners started knocking down the sensitivity of the sensors for most people
Yea it seems to be super common. I didn't even notice it until going all out and I think mine wasn't as bad as most guys. Some guys that get the false knock it seems to ruin an entire run and not get back to max timing. My car was just a brief moment after shifts then went right back to max timing.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Sounds like we need to put together a shenanigans cruise.

Or maybe Pratt will invite us to his secret meets :io:

Jeffs FRC

Reaction score
Sounds like we need to put together a shenanigans cruise.

Or maybe Pratt will invite us to his secret meets :io:
Yes lets do this!

Pratt hangs out in rich guy garages at Iron Gate from what I hear. Also, there is a prison shank waiting for him from one of our buddies so he's scared to come out...lol

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
I know [MENTION=10289]Nccstud[/MENTION] is wanting to cruise a lot as well with the new 350.

Jeffs FRC

Reaction score
Forgot to mention I put the ricer spoiler back on to go with my ricer splitter. No sense denying the ricer in me anymore!!!

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Seems like most of the folks in this thread are in the Elgin area? Not Elgin specifically, but around it....is that a safe assumption?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom