🔧 BUILD Jeff's Cookie Cutter Kitty and Porsche Killer Mustang GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
If you could be so lucky. Still have a poverty 2015

Dude comes into my thread trying to flex and saying I'm broke because I didn't want to buy a brand new transmission from Ford. So here I am being as obnoxious.

Jeff FRC can act like a dick on TCG. It’s accepted.

Your estrogen levels are a bit elevated with the car breaking, which the Build / Run / Break cycle is commonly accepted by modified vehicle owners.

Get it fixed, come back strong, run a good number and accept something else will break at some point down the road.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Car all buttoned up last night and the damn SCT handheld is fucking me! Cant update the pos no matter what I do or even load the PBD base tune onto it. Think I'm just gonna go back to stock and cut my losses...

You have to go back to stock to update the sct, if you don’t it will brick your car, flash the stock tune on update and load the pbd tune then flash it on

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
You have to go back to stock to update the sct, if you don’t it will brick your car, flash the stock tune on update and load the pbd tune then flash it on

The only time I updated is if I have to for a reflash otherwise it scares me and I avoid it lol

I unfortunately lost my stock tune. Shoemaker told me it's not a problem and that he should be able to force load a factory tune by trying to load his base file. I was confused by what he was telling me, but I'm sure hes dont it before so I didnt question him...

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I unfortunately lost my stock tune. Shoemaker told me it's not a problem and that he should be able to force load a factory tune by trying to load his base file. I was confused by what he was telling me, but I'm sure hes dont it before so I didnt question him...

I didn’t have a base tune only a roush tune so they had to do that for mine

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Have you used your sct before, it’s a pain in the ass to load stuff on and not very intuitive, you have to use the load custom tune file tab rather than the transfer file to device one, if it asks to update decline the update

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Have you used your sct before, it’s a pain in the ass to load stuff on and not very intuitive, you have to use the load custom tune file tab rather than the transfer file to device one, if it asks to update decline the update

Dude thanks! Just tried that and it worked. I'm out in the garage and its writing the stock file now! I'd like to invite you over for a beer...lol

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Ok now that the stock file wrote, I go to program the custom base tune from PBD and it says please wait forever and then asks to hookup to wifi and then after awhile it gives me a general error 11000 code. On the updater it shows that the PBD tune is on the device.

These SCT's are the biggest piles of dogshit I've ever used. I'm about ready to burn the damn thing

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Base tune being written right now. Thanks for the help!

SCT is rough for sure. HP was way easier, quicker to load tunes, data logger actually works great, and the device/gauge is useful.

But most tuners are using SCT.

And [MENTION=917]1quick[/MENTION] the hero once again.

I've never had this much trouble trying to load a damn tune on any vehicle before and this will definitely be my last SCT device. So for me the correct sequence would have been to plug the handheld into car and marry it, then transfer PBD tune from computer to handheld, then try to load PBD tune to car which will then force a stock file to write, then plug handheld back into computer to update, and finally upload PBD tune from handheld to car. What a fucking process...

Thanks again to 1quick for getting me started. My hero...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info