Drag to reposition cover

Jeffs 15 Mustang GT

OP
Jeffs FRC

Jeffs FRC

Reaction score
So I found the AM discount code and ordered the 1" wheel spacers, FRPP x pipe, JLT catch can, and some Boss blue coil covers for some underhood bling:wackit:

Also ordered an oem performance pack strut brace I found for a good price on eBay.

Would like to order some shocks/struts, but there's nothing really out yet for these cars. I think FRPP just came out with their strut/shock kit,but I can't find any real world results so I may just wait. The only place I've found them for sale is eBay and they're about $630 shipped for the setup.

Terminator-Fox

Two Dollars
Reaction score
My favorite DIB '15 GT. Got to see it, sit in it and smell it in person. :yumyum:

OP
Jeffs FRC

Jeffs FRC

Reaction score
Thanks Steve! Mine is a whole lot cooler than [MENTION=2612]Pressure Ratio[/MENTION] and [MENTION=789]UWISHU1[/MENTION] cars with their girly auto transmissions:io:

kallo07

Reaction score
Thanks Steve! Mine is a whole lot cooler than [MENTION=2612]Pressure Ratio[/MENTION] and [MENTION=789]UWISHU1[/MENTION] cars with their girly auto transmissions:io:

Girlish?? When we racing?

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
they weren't over rated on syp's 2014 it was pretty much completely stock and broke 5th gear [MENTION=22]syP[/MENTION]

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
normal racing, I don't think he ever power shifted the car, there was something wired with 3rd gear if i remember right also

OP
Jeffs FRC

Jeffs FRC

Reaction score
Wired with third gear?

We'll see how mine holds up. Many people hated the TR-3650, but I never had any problems in my supercharged 3V. Trams was always buttery smooth for me.

OP
Jeffs FRC

Jeffs FRC

Reaction score
I just plan on using my mt82 until it breaks, then doing a magnum swap as a mod. Manual cars are too much fun.
Agreed. I was strongly considering the auto, but for my car being a weekend car I had to stick with the stick

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I remember you saying the MT82 issues were far overrated?
Well yes and no. Once you replace the clutch, add a shifter & clutch fluid line it is much better. But it still has cold notchyness on the 1-2 shift and doesn't like to shift at 7200+ rpm. Luckily with the stock intake manifold that really isn't an issue as it doesn't make power that high. It becomes a problem when you install a Boss or CJ intake. Or what ever they may come out with for the 2015+.

Even then the trans seems to eat syncros. And when beat on the eventually whine loudly. The gears seem ok for most N/A uses. Just sad that Gertag made a very similar trans for the Supra. People run 9's with that trans with no issues at all. When you compare that trans to the MT82 you see the gears are larger in diameter and thicker. The shafts are also a larger diameter. This all makes for a stronger trans.

The Mt82 isn't the junk trans some may have you believe. But it has it's annoyances for sure.

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
Well yes and no. Once you replace the clutch, add a shifter & clutch fluid line it is much better. But it still has cold notchyness on the 1-2 shift and doesn't like to shift at 7200+ rpm. Luckily with the stock intake manifold that really isn't an issue as it doesn't make power that high. It becomes a problem when you install a Boss or CJ intake. Or what ever they may come out with for the 2015+.

Even then the trans seems to eat syncros. And when beat on the eventually whine loudly. The gears seem ok for most N/A uses. Just sad that Gertag made a very similar trans for the Supra. People run 9's with that trans with no issues at all. When you compare that trans to the MT82 you see the gears are larger in diameter and thicker. The shafts are also a larger diameter. This all makes for a stronger trans.

The Mt82 isn't the junk trans some may have you believe. But it has it's annoyances for sure.
Just one other thing to add-on, the OEM Shifter bushing is also the core of a LOT of bad WOT shifting problems IMO.

After market bushing, or Blowfish, or MGW Race Spec all help, or deal with it.

I need to order the SS Clutch line for my car, Do you have a brand recommendation? (Also, did you remove the clutch pedal spring from your car?)

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
JPC or any of them will work. One place made the fitting in the bellhousing then they all just make the lines.

I did not remove the clutch helper spring. I liked the easier pedal feel.

OP
Jeffs FRC

Jeffs FRC

Reaction score
Been reading up on shifters and I'll probably end up with the race spec MGW. It attaches directly to the trans and gets rid of the body mounted bs

Pressure Ratio

Donating Member
Reaction score
Been reading up on shifters and I'll probably end up with the race spec MGW. It attaches directly to the trans and gets rid of the body mounted bs
That is probably the best shifter on the market as far as it being solidly mounted to the trans. Versus the blow fish and what ever shifter you want. I just hope the vibrations and noise are not too bad with that thing. For your weekdend car I am sure you will be fine with it.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
I also kept the spring on the clutch. I felt lame doing it, so I'm glad some else feels the same way I do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom