🔧 BUILD Jeff's 2020 Twister Orange Mustang | Whipple Powa

General Information

I am now the 3rd owner of this 1,960 mile 2020 Twister Orange cookie cutter GT. It is a premium 401a car with performance pack, A10, active exhaust, Recaro seats, and the Bang & Olufson sound system. Car has the digital instrument cluster which I love!

A little history on the car....first owner bought the car and brought it to Lebanon Ford @122 miles. Lebanon Ford then installed a Whipple stage 2 kit, id1050x injectors, MMR billet oil pump and crank gears, and the Corsa active exhaust. This owner sold the car in May of last year with about 700 miles.

Owner 2 is a total gear head. Guy has worked for ZF Group for 25+ years and his hobby is building street cars. The shop he had on his property was fricken awesome. Id say it was about 50' x 100' and had 3 lifts with an upstairs office loft. Anyways, this guy bought the car and installed a Fore fuel system, 3.15 pumpkin, TSP longtubes, and some BMR vertical links and cradle lockout. He then had Lund tune it with an nGuage. Says he had it at the track in October and it went 9.8 @ 146 on a 2nd gear leave.

My immediate plans are to lower it about an inch, and get some street wheels. I kept my old Billet Specialties drag setup so Im good there. Next winter I'll have the A10 built and turn it up a bit.

970D4FA7-D057-4AB6-A458-96384A210931.jpeg
B7EDE914-BDDA-416E-B81C-6D577636308A.jpeg

BOTTLEFED

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 7, 2015
Front struts and brakes back in. Pretty much just need to change the oil, get the wheels on, swap the ecoboost gauge in, and it’s ready. I’m also gonna pull the front bumper to modify the grills a bit as well for some more airflow.
View attachment 155494

View attachment 155493
Make sure you break the tabs on front bumper so it needs extra fasteners like all the other ones out there :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Shawn1112

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
So I have the front bumper off and I’m just going through the car giving everything a once over. Couple wire harnesses not secured and ran how I liked but nothing major. Got those cleaned up then noticed the coolant hoses to the blower on the drivers side were hooked up backwards. I’m not even sure if it makes a difference, but I get it corrected and then notice the one hose’s mesh cover slipped out of the heat shrink. I emailed Whipple last night to ask what exactly they use so I can buy what they do, and the guy says I’ll just ship some out to you. No charge. Whipple customer service is top notch!

Here’s a pic of the mesh I’m talking about.
3AE6D1B9-D922-4474-B99A-AC346AF57216.jpeg

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
So I have the front bumper off and I’m just going through the car giving everything a once over. Couple wire harnesses not secured and ran how I liked but nothing major. Got those cleaned up then noticed the coolant hoses to the blower on the drivers side were hooked up backwards. I’m not even sure if it makes a difference, but I get it corrected and then notice the one hose’s mesh cover slipped out of the heat shrink. I emailed Whipple last night to ask what exactly they use so I can buy what they do, and the guy says I’ll just ship some out to you. No charge. Whipple customer service is too notch!

Here’s a pic of the mesh I’m talking about. View attachment 156432

It should of been secured with heat shrink

20230323_161720.jpg

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Got the grill honeycombs opened up. Only took about 1.5 hours with an orbital sander. The bottom grill took about 20 mins with a dremel and file to remove the mesh.
CDA2D25A-64A2-4F84-9E8C-E076368DAF4F.jpeg

After getting the bumper on the table I realized the corner pocket moldings weren’t open at all. They were fake! Which makes no sense since there are air veins built into the bumper to direct air back to the wheel well. My 2015 had functional vents here so I opened these up as well. Not sure what the deal is here with the fake vents, but I’m betting I know better than Ford engineers on this one…lol
E7102548-956B-4A84-85B1-C6D3775B98A4.jpeg

91A81B89-158C-401D-BFC2-E0D38D711C52.jpeg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Do you have an air intake opening behind the driver side honeycomb, I don’t remember if the gen 3 mustangs have a maf but if it does it will probably surge at part throttle, wot is fine I used to block mine off for daily driving and open it at the track, gen 3 trucks are speed density of the mustang is then it won’t matter

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Do you have an air intake opening behind the driver side honeycomb, I don’t remember if the gen 3 mustangs have a maf but if it does it will probably surge at part throttle, wot is fine I used to block mine off for daily driving and open it at the track, gen 3 trucks are speed density of the mustang is then it won’t matter
My 2015 was completely open with the filter right behind opened mesh and never had an issue. We’ll see what happens

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Have any pics of what you made?
I actually made a video of how it worked, I just cut a small slot in the top and bottom of the tube going to the grill and made a thin piece of plastic that slid into the slots for normal low speed driving, at the track I’d just pulll it out for the ram air effect

Reactions: Jeffs FRC

Thread Info