🔧 BUILD Jeff's 2020 Twister Orange Mustang | Whipple Powa

General Information

I am now the 3rd owner of this 1,960 mile 2020 Twister Orange cookie cutter GT. It is a premium 401a car with performance pack, A10, active exhaust, Recaro seats, and the Bang & Olufson sound system. Car has the digital instrument cluster which I love!

A little history on the car....first owner bought the car and brought it to Lebanon Ford @122 miles. Lebanon Ford then installed a Whipple stage 2 kit, id1050x injectors, MMR billet oil pump and crank gears, and the Corsa active exhaust. This owner sold the car in May of last year with about 700 miles.

Owner 2 is a total gear head. Guy has worked for ZF Group for 25+ years and his hobby is building street cars. The shop he had on his property was fricken awesome. Id say it was about 50' x 100' and had 3 lifts with an upstairs office loft. Anyways, this guy bought the car and installed a Fore fuel system, 3.15 pumpkin, TSP longtubes, and some BMR vertical links and cradle lockout. He then had Lund tune it with an nGuage. Says he had it at the track in October and it went 9.8 @ 146 on a 2nd gear leave.

My immediate plans are to lower it about an inch, and get some street wheels. I kept my old Billet Specialties drag setup so Im good there. Next winter I'll have the A10 built and turn it up a bit.

970D4FA7-D057-4AB6-A458-96384A210931.jpeg
B7EDE914-BDDA-416E-B81C-6D577636308A.jpeg

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
That looks really good... i need to get my 6 pistons redone, id like a dark gold color.
Color options are endless! Just go to Prismatic Powders and start searching. I got lucky and found a guy on the gt500 forums that found a powder that is extremely close to Twister Orange.
1677272798390.png

$65 with today's inflation :(
Thanks Biden

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
I just know you can't wait to show your new wheels off. haha
Don’t have them yet and I’m still waiting on one damn tire that FedEx probably stole. Also waiting on Steeda to send me a flange plate with extended studs for their camber plates so I can utilize the spacer kit I already have that will allow me to dial in front ride height.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
What spacer kit are you using?
Will be using these camber plates.

I already have the front strut spacer kit from Steeda for the stock upper strut mount, but they offer a spacer kit made for their camber plates. The only part different in both kits is the stud plate, so instead of buying the entire kit again, I called their tech support and bought the stud plates over a week ago. Apparently this takes time for someone to pull the stud plates from stock...lol. Anyways, this is essentially the Steeda spacer kit I will be using.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Not sure yet, but I want that option. My blue car I felt was just a hair too low in the front so we’ll see how this car sits and if I need to adjust, I can.

I normally mix and match bmr springs to fix this, very common with whipple cars being too low due to weight on the nose. They list a spring set to help level out cars with blowers with some pictures. Im not sure which ones you got, but i do keep a lot of BMR stuff in stock for the S550, as well as springs if the camber spacers dont get you want your looking for

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
I normally mix and match bmr springs to fix this, very common with whipple cars being too low due to weight on the nose. They list a spring set to help level out cars with blowers with some pictures. Im not sure which ones you got, but i do keep a lot of BMR stuff in stock for the S550, as well as springs if the camber spacers dont get you want your looking for
I went with the BMR Performance springs.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
I went with the BMR Performance springs.

I have the SP763R in stock, which are performance minimum drop for power adder cars, non Magneride. They use a mix of the normal performance spring out back, but minimum drop spring up front

They list what spring combo to use with a power adder, not sure if you seen it. You can also use the SP082 out back

SP089_image2_small.jpg

Reactions: Jeffs FRC

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
I have the SP763R in stock, which are performance minimum drop for power adder cars, non Magneride. They use a mix of the normal performance spring out back, but minimum drop spring up front

They list what spring combo to use with a power adder, not sure if you seen it. You can also use the SP082 out back

View attachment 152648
That almost looks like the front is higher by just a touch. This is why I bought the Steeda spacer kit. I’ll be able to dial it in perfectly.

Reactions: 01bluesnake

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Got the rear brakes buttoned up and back together. Damn powder coater threw all the emergency brake parts on the wrong calipers so had to switch that stuff over. Finally got the Steeda stud plates yesterday too so hoping to drop stuff off at Drews then I can throw the front struts back in and get the brakes installed.
1B2A330B-8935-4419-8BFD-DA2989870CC3.jpeg

Kirkland brand wheels installed yet?

Costco special ?
Actually found them at Walmart. Great deal!

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Got the rear brakes buttoned up and back together. Damn powder coater threw all the emergency brake parts on the wrong calipers so had to switch that stuff over. Finally got the Steeda stud plates yesterday too so hoping to drop stuff off at Drews then I can throw the front struts back in and get the brakes installed. View attachment 153638

Actually found them at Walmart. Great deal!

Hopefully they didn't fuck up the seals on the pistons when they put them back together, i always get concerned when a price is too good. They look good though, color looks pretty matched as well.

Reactions: Jeffs FRC

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Hopefully they didn't fuck up the seals on the pistons when they put them back together, i always get concerned when a price is too good. They look good though, color looks pretty matched as well.
Yea hopefully they didn’t…it’s pretty hard to fuck that up! Lol.

You in the shop tomorrow? I’ll stop by

Thread Info